Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XBoxconnector.com ROCKS!!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    Thanks maximus, it sounds a little complicated without all the goodies in front of me right now but I’m sure I’ll get it going. i also copy & paste your instructions. And to show my appreciations for your time I’ll go real easy on you when I’m there.
    hehe, Funky Monk...thanks for keeping me in mind in taking it easy on me hehe...

By the way, I'm a networking novice and even I did it! I tried to explain it as easy as possible. I think NIK2Deep or Shererboat has a picture of how things should look...but, in any case, just let me know if you have further questions and I will be more than happy to "walk" you through getting everything hooked up properly Just PM me

I think its great also! I've only been there a couple of times though.

Thanks maximus.

Yes Maximus! I saw you in the #xbc tonight, but I guess you were playing a game.

Wink Hee hee

I saw you as well and talked to ya too but you seem to have joined a gamed... or, just flat out ignored me. I see everyone complaining about lag on GS here and wondered why no one was talking about Xbox Connector. So much better, but like you said, the people are the big difference. I got tired of GS VERY quickly with all the "only experts" and "3lite" players talking crap. Seems to be a lot of "undefeated" people there as well.

Man, I get schooled all the time but as long as it is still fun, I'll keep playing. Look for me if you want a fun game and to up your kill count I am pretty good at CTF as opposed to Slayer where I only like teams so at least some people aren't killing me.

Gotta go work on my "$killz"

Oh yeah, my name is Fanofslip on Mirc. You'll know its me, I just dont have XBA, and my name is shortened.

Maximus...thanks for the tip. I just got online and downloaded it. I haven't had a chance to play yet, but so far it looks pretty slick.

Maybe sometime we will have to meet up and you can kill me
    Here's how bad I suck

Don't get a free IPOD - Hidden Content

old sig Made by professor_frink he is the sig man!
    http://hosting.reversedreality.com/user_images/jschelm/sig.jpg

Well, dudes...last night I tried XBoxconnector and I was having some major issues. Last week is when I downloaded XBoxconnector ".98" and, apparently, 2 days ago from today, they came out with an even better version ".99", which Xtopia mentioned earlier on this thread.

When I was upgrading to it, I noticed that I had some problems...I had a buddy over that was extremely anxious to play, however, I couldn't get him to keep his patience so we just went over to Gamespy. Needless to say, XBoxconnector gave me a ton of problems, so, I must be doing something wrong...hmmmmmm....

What kinds of problems? Setting it up? Lag?

I just got done playing a game online and it was great (I even won ) So maybe there was just a hiccup in the system last night. The only thing that I don't like is trying to talk to the unknown people that are joining your room is very hard to do. (Unless I am missing something)
    Here's how bad I suck

Don't get a free IPOD - Hidden Content

old sig Made by professor_frink he is the sig man!
    http://hosting.reversedreality.com/user_images/jschelm/sig.jpg

Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
    What kinds of problems? Setting it up? Lag?
    Well, the new software makes it so I couldn't even play 2 other XBoxes with only one person on each! Too bad that you can't tell what the ping is like Gamespy does...so, that kind of blew ass...the game was very laggy.

Also, I played another game that was great! However, the other two dudes I was playing with ended up quitting because it lagged bad on their end.

I haven't had this problem until I downloaded the new software upgrade. The one before was awesome! I could have a total of 4 XBoxes going and only get the tiniest hicup of lag, which wasn't a big deal at all! But now, it sucks the juice out of rocks!

Right now, I'm 100% for Gamespy.

Also, with the XBoxconnector software, they have implemented a strange way to type in an IP address....the other way was so much easier. I don't know, I'm just not impressed anymore...which is too bad, because, before, it was awesome!

Max...as you may recall I was on XBC that night you had some major lag. And yes, I think the new version really sucks! And I also had a buddy over, who was very very very anxious to play! However, earlier today, I went to XBC and it was fine! version 1.0 should be out in the next week! It is supposedly to be awesome! Very user freindly!
    Try keep in mind that Gamespy has been up and running for years! (not the tunnel service obviously) They have had time to work out certain problems...XBC on the other hand is quite new...give them time! I have a fealing (I talked to some dudes @ XBC) that version 1.0 is going to be just plain sweet! In the mean time, happy fragging @ gamespy!

I gotta get broadband! it's $50 a month here for DSL or Cable

Hey!!! Is Halo the only game you can play with XBC?!?!?!?!??!

No calve, you can play any system link capable game! This includes Halo, THPS2x, and THPS3!

Lag seems to be an issue with this online gaming? What will be so different when MS launches its online campaign?

MS online launch won't have lag because:

1) That would screw them

2) Its official so(most likely) won't be free so they have the money to fix those things

I set it up, and it found my XBOX. Only when I try to find a game, my XBOX can never find it. It's says, "remote not detected" in XBC. I'm using a Linksys router (w/ firewall), and the external IP that Gamespy reported back to me.

Originally posted by Kleen
    I set it up, and it found my XBOX. Only when I try to find a game, my XBOX can never find it. It's says, "remote not detected" in XBC. I'm using a Linksys router (w/ firewall), and the external IP that Gamespy reported back to me.
    hmmm....I'm not sure if a router will work. I haven't heard any success stories about routers working, however, it is a little confusing why it wouldn't. I know that you have to disable the firewall if you are using a Switch if you plan on hosting a game. If you decide to join a game, you won't have to have your firewall disabled. Also, the way to communicate with people at XBC is to use IRC. If you don't have IRC, you can download it free at www.mirc.com .

Does anyone know why Xbox Connector works fine for me but when I try to play on Gamespy it always says that the linked has failed right when I am ready to start? Also for the new XBC how do you find your IP to be able to play?

Thread Information