Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you rate Xbox so far?

Exclamation

Originally posted by Maximus
    9.9 out of 10 (only because nothing is perfect) But, it's d a m n close!! I love my XBox..it's the best console to ever hit the console market, in my opinion. Personally, I have never had more fun with a console until the XBox.

One of the things that really irritates me with some of the posts I see on this thread is that people are basing their votes on games that they probably own and ended up being disappointments. I mean, if my XBox library consisted of the greatness of Kabuki Warriors, the mind boggling 4x4 Evo, and the utter brilliancy of Fuzion Frenzy, I would have given it low scores, too!

But, in any event, every system has bad games. It's just a part of life...and, some people might find the above games very enjoyable...and, I say good for them!!!

As for me, I rate the games that I own a solid 9/10. Why? I'm picky on which games I buy based on the research I do before I lay down my hard earned $50. But, that's just me
    I agree, Max.

My Verdict: Xbox ---> 8/10 (as far as features, control, environment go)

Second Verdict: Xbox ---->30/10 (considering all the bashing it's recieved prior to launch, and proving to be the next Sony as a newcomer)

Games Verdict---->5/10. It's a mixed bag (a blockbuster here, a skunk there. Pretty much like a PS2 lineup so far, but that's likely to change for the better once more and better support are garnered).

In essence, Max Payne, Halo, Silent Hill, Fever, GunValkyrie, JSRF, UFC, Rallisport, and Knockout kings make up for all the disappointments (so many titles were said to be sure hits, it's crazy). Once MS settles down and starts revamping its franchise attack (Halo, Malice, Project Ego, Rallisport, Fever sequels), we'll see more quality games on the box...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict
    Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Good points, Shadow Fox.

I especially agree on what you said about future games. The XBox is still a very new console, therefore, it will take time for game developers to see exactly what they can do with the XBox. Of course, to develop a game, it takes much longer than 4 months, which is how long the XBox has been out. (Okay, 4 months and one week )

But, I am really starting to see some HUGE progress on this part. Unreal Championship will definately set a fresh tone as the XBox goes on-line. I'm expecting brilliancy from Brute Force and Half Life 2. Metal Gear Solid X is sounding to be something very special for the XBox... Outlaw Golf is highly anticipated for me....as well as Hunter: The Reckoning.

Rallisport Challenge actually exceeded my expectations! Halo met my expectations only because the hype was so huge. So, I think we'll see more of this in the future.

Of course the XBox will have some lame games during the process....it's hard to please everyone. I mean, there are even fans on here of Fuzion Frenzy and that game makes me want to vomit. But, if they like it...great!!! I'm all for it but wouldn't own it, personally!

As you know, Shadow Fox...Blockbuster games and half-assed games is part of every console ever created.

I mean, the XBox has Halo and Kabuki Warriors on it.

GameCube has (or will have) Resident Evil, yet, it still has Super Monkey Ball.

And the Playstation has Final Fantasy X and Casper!

Any reasonable gamer will understand the point

Exclamation

Originally posted by Maximus
    As you know, Shadow Fox...Blockbuster games and half-assed games is part of every console ever created.

I mean, the XBox has Halo and Kabuki Warriors on it.

GameCube has (or will have) Resident Evil, yet, it still has Super Monkey Ball.

And the Playstation has Final Fantasy X and Casper!

Any reasonable gamer will understand the point
    So true, but I wouldn't say Monkey Ball for GCN; it has more of a hardcore following (often by adults), and is more challenging than the likes of Casper or Kabuki Warriors...

But hey, feel free to replace it with Universal Studios; God that game sucks...

Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Shadow Fox
    So true, but I wouldn't say Monkey Ball for GCN; it has more of a hardcore following (often by adults), and is more challenging than the likes of Casper or Kabuki Warriors...

But hey, feel free to replace it with Universal Studios; God that game sucks...

hehe...I haven't had the pleasure of playing Universal Studios...but, as for Super Monkey Ball...I just didn't find it at all fun and have only heard negative things about it from several people. I only mentioned it to provide an example. So, Universal Studios is horrible, huh? I'll pass that one up

Thread Information