Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online with Gamespy

Exclamation Online with Gamespy

I have my Xbox hooked up to my network card through a crossover cable and my actual cable internet is hooked up through my usb. When i join a game on gamespy, i can see the game in HALO but when i go to join it it always says " unable to connect to system link game", why is this? in the tunnel chat everyones ping is alwasy like 10000 (tenthousand yes) or more.
    is there somthing wrong with my hookup?

Thanks for anyhelp!!

Frostberg

do you have a firewall?

Nope.
    i just bought the network card today
    its a linksys.
    it seems as if something is not right cus the pings in the games i conenct to or in the tousadns and mostly ten thousands pings

Wondering Around

make sure your gamespy tunnel configuration is set so the network card on your computer is the one you are using.

i have a 2 NIC setup with a hub, and i have to set my network card that hooks to the hub as my "network card" to use in the tunnel configuration.

I'm sure you tried that, just thought i'd through out a couple of suggestions in case you hadn't thought of it yet.

I selceted in gamespy the one that goes to my xbox (linksys)
    my cable internet goes to my USB port.
    or do i choose that one/>

P.S.
    I am using a CROSSOVER cable from my network card to my xbox
    is this the right one????

Frostberg

a crossover cable is fine for a direct connection from xbox to NIC...make sure your PC recognizes the NIC, and see if it changes when you turn on the Xbox

Do you have Win XP?

how would i check it to see if it chanegds when i trn on my xbox?
    liek if it gets an error in the system thing in control panel?

i jsut need to figure out why my ping is so nasty

for the properties for my network card
    do i have to have anything special in there??
    cus there is nothing in there i have changed

Thumbs down

Bad news man... I NEVER got my set-up to work that way... after much research, I'm not sure anyone has. It's called the "USB disease" on alot of forums. I went out and bought a hub and ran the cable modem with the cat5 straight to the hub, then the NIC, then just plug the xbxo into the hub via a regular cat5, not crossover. Online goodness.

BTW, in the two weeks I tried to make it work, I never found anyone who ran that set-up and made it work. No one.

Also, check out www.XboxConnector.com when you get tired of the lag and the cretin at Gamespy

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Actually, that set up will work...I've seen it. But, please tell me that you are not using AOL! I know that AOL won't work.

Also, when you plug in your Crossover cable into your XBox, is there a green LED light that turns on above the input behind the XBox? If it doesn't, then, it's possible that the Crossover cable is faulty. This happened to me at first...I just replaced it with a new one.

Maximus, do you still play at Gamespy? I read in another thread that you went to Xboxconnector. Just wondering which one you recommend. Finally got my internet connection back and it's broadband to beat.
    Currently playing: Tony Hawk 3

Originally posted by Maximus
    Actually, that set up will work...I've seen it. But, please tell me that you are not using AOL! I know that AOL won't work.
    HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR!

AOL for online gaming!??! You must be MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont even try........

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Maximus, do you still play at Gamespy? I read in another thread that you went to Xboxconnector. Just wondering which one you recommend. Finally got my internet connection back and it's broadband to beat

Use xboxconnector. Despite what maximus says, XBC is better. The new version took some getting used to but it is fine now. And max, you said you had lag that one night...well try again....I think it wast just weird that one night. Whenever a new version comes out...every thing is a bit whack...Come back to XBC!

Originally posted by xtopia

Use xboxconnector. Despite what maximus says, XBC is better. The new version took some getting used to but it is fine now. And max, you said you had lag that one night...well try again....I think it wast just weird that one night. Whenever a new version comes out...every thing is a bit whack...Come back to XBC!
    Agreed, 107%.

Originally posted by terrapin
    Maximus, do you still play at Gamespy? I read in another thread that you went to Xboxconnector. Just wondering which one you recommend. Finally got my internet connection back and it's broadband to beat.
    Hey, Terrapin! Yeah, I am on Gamespy because of a recent disappointment with XBC...however, I understand that it may have been screwy on the day that I was having trouble, as Xtopia mentioned. I'll try XBC again to see if the bugs are worked out.

I find that Gamespy is much easier to organize people. But, when I was using XBC before things went screwy, XBC was 10 times better when it comes to lagging issues. For example, when I played on XBC (XBoxconnector), I played with a group of people in which a total of four XBoxes were on-line and there was no lag! And, I wasn't even hosting!!! Man, that was some good times

I'll probably use both...either way, my identification name is [XBA]-Maximus

By the way, terrapin...it's nice to see you back, bud!!

Default is xbox connector down?

So, yeah I still haven't tried Halo online yet... pure laziness on my part :o

Anyway, I went to xboxconnector.com and it 404's! Hopefully they've just hit a technical snafu, and haven't instead been shut down...
    The problem with being better than everyone else is that they tend to assume you're prententious.

Hidden Content

Default Re: is xbox connector down?

Originally posted by baggachipz
    So, yeah I still haven't tried Halo online yet... pure laziness on my part :o

Anyway, I went to xboxconnector.com and it 404's! Hopefully they've just hit a technical snafu, and haven't instead been shut down...
    I strongly recommend getting on-line as soon as yesterday! You have no idea what you are missing!! As for XBoxconnector, I'm sure it was a minor technical issue, nothing more. If XBC is down, just get on Gamespy!

Actually, check out www.xbconnect.com Same people, different type of software, they may have left www.xboxconnector.com behind... version 99g is up now and IT ROCKS.... check out the screen grabs of the new prog.

Originally posted by BlackTJ
    Actually, check out www.xbconnect.com Same people, different type of software, they may have left www.xboxconnector.com behind... version 99g is up now and IT ROCKS.... check out the screen grabs of the new prog.
    Wow, XBoxconnect must be new, because that is different from XBoxconnector. I have the new software version, .99, from XBoxconnector, however, this is different! I'll check this out when I get home

Thread Information