Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Living Proof You Must Buy Shenmue II on Xbox!

Thumbs up Living Proof You Must Buy Shenmue II on Xbox!

Fellow addicts and Ninja fans!

Im not going to give a review but a rather short but sweet rant on Shenmue II.
    Well as some addicts may know I imported the Dreamcast European version a little while ago but never got around to purchaseing an import boot-up disc.
    Well I have, and last night I completed the 3 disc long Shenmue II with a late night marathon into the wee hours of 3:00am!!
    Just let me say this is the must buy game for the Xbox once it's released later in the year. Looks to be in the fall/winter time.
    This game is nothing short than a classic masterpiece.
    It crushes the original in every aspect.
    Im going on record to calling this a top 5 all-time game in my book.
    Along side Skies Of Arcadia, Halo, & Soul Calibur.

Any questions, just ask. But I wont ruin it for anyone.

How are the graphics?? What about the story? Is it involved or just a side-thing? CG Cutscenes or XBox rendered?

Thanks dude,
    Dre
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Wasnt it all in japanese???? Why did you pay for a boot disc you can just make them Ya know!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

but my friend said that you use the save file from shenmue 1 in shenmue 2...

how will that work on xbox?

Originally posted by sinizuh
    but my friend said that you use the save file from shenmue 1 in shenmue 2...

how will that work on xbox?
    Good question, Im sure they will just skip all that stuff. Let you start on the boat or some junK.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

ok. i have a dreamcast and shenmue 2. ( i am british) and i can tell you that it is an amazing game and i cant belive it did not come out in the us.

also it is posible to use your shenmue 1 save to contine but it is not nessisery.

the talking was in ja*****e but this is to add authentisity to it. the first one seemed strange in that everybody was talking english. there is subtitles so you know what they are saying.

the graphics are some of the best i have seen on the dreamcast

the story is brillant and there is a backstory option so you know what you are doing.

one more thing the story dosnt finish so expext a shenmue 3!

oops i mean japanese, no offence i just mispelled it

Thumbs up

This is such a coincidence, because I was going to post a Shenmue 2 topic today.I've been playing through this game for the past 4 days and let me tell you it is the most immersive game I've ever played (besides the first one). This game has a way of just sucking you into it's virtual world and not letting go. I can't stop playing it.When I'm not playing it,I can't stop thinking about it.It truly has taken over the last 4 nights of my life and I'm not done yet.I have to say I've never ever felt this way about a videogame before.It really is (in my opinion), the best game EVER made.A true masterpiece! Leaps and bounds above the rest of it's kind, on any system.A TRUE ESCAPE FROM THE DIFFICULT WORLD WE LIVE IN.

I downloaded the trailer and was blown away by the graphics. Is it computer generated cutscenes like Genma and FFX or ingame cutscenes like Halo?
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

hey do u kno if when the game comes out is it gonna be 3 cds or only on 1
    Hidden Content
    Hit up
    http://kevhead.cjb.net
    funny ass site, check it out.

Originally posted by Dre
    How are the graphics?? What about the story? Is it involved or just a side-thing? CG Cutscenes or XBox rendered?

Thanks dude,
    Dre

The graphics are beautiful on the DC, so just image how it will look on the much powerful Xbox!

The story picks up where the original left off, you know- when you were getting on the boat to head to Hong Kong.
    There is no CG sut scenes. I mean, just look at the game, it looks like a real life movie. the cut sense just blend in wit the gameplay.
    Oh, and as you know th story has over 17 chapters (last I heard from the creator Yu Sazuki) so this is a continuation in the story. And it's very deep.

i never played shenmue, is it good?

Originally posted by gtaplayer
    hey do u kno if when the game comes out is it gonna be 3 cds or only on 1

Yo gtaplayer, the Dremcast version comes in a blue box (european import) wit two cases consiting of 4 total GD-Roms (CD's) 3 are playable and the other has the extra feature.
    but I can promise you the Xbox version will not be 3 disc. As you probably know the Xbox DVD discs can hold a hell of a lot of memory. So im betting the whole shenmue II can fit on one DVD CD, Sega however may pack in an extra disc for the features. Like the passport (go online) and the original Shenmue trailer movie to let all the people that never owned the first one know what th stories all about.

u know what they should do? this would sell really really well, they should make an xbox game, with every single nes, snes, genesis, gameboy, game gear game ever made. they could fit it on one cd, cause they hold alot, that would be so off the hizzy man, i would definitely buy it.

I too got Shenmue II and man o man. This game is amazing. I played the first disc forever and ever. My bro got it for christmas as a surprise so I had to finish Shenmue I first. I did that in a day. So the next day I start and I couldn't believe how amazing it is. Plus I hated finding stuff in Shenmue I but people lead u to places this time which is really awesome. But then...I got stuck...again. In Shenmue I, the grandfather who had the other piece to open the hidden area in your dojo never came back. His granddaughter always said "he's out on a delievry for about 5 days in a row". So I gave up. Then when i got Shenmue II I started over and got past it. Now on Shenmue II, I got stuck at finding the street performer in the mall. U know the guy who used karate as show so he got kicked out by the old dude? I NEED TO KNOW WHERE HE IS??? I try to talk to everyone but it won't let me. You gotta help me out I want to beat that game. Signing off...
    Hidden Content

My-sig-is-too-big...My sig...is TOO BIG!

Originally posted by Dre
    I downloaded the trailer and was blown away by the graphics. Is it computer generated cutscenes like Genma and FFX or ingame cutscenes like Halo?

It depends. It's more like Halo, where the graphics are so d@mn good that you dont need no cutscense the essence of FFX o its previous versions.
    And you cant forget about the QTE (Quick Time Events) those are played out in a cutscense kinda way as well,.. somewhat.
    It keeps you on your toes all game long. So there will be no resting in your bed or sofa while playing. The game overall is excellent.
    someone said "why didnt Sega release it in the US"?
    Well that's because Microsoft came to Sega with a deal to make the US version a Xbox exclusive!
    I was upset, but I knew it was for the best of the franchise. Ya know, DC was and is a thing of the past. So Sega would have lost money in sales anyways.

Oh, and the European version is in ALL Japanese with English subtitles. So you will have a hell of alot of reading.

but we all know the Xbox version will have English voice overs. Im not really thrilled abot hearing Americans talk over japanese characters
    Hopefully Japaese voice overs will be an option.
    Hey, Ninja wants the original!
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 03-25-2002 at 05:25 PM.

i hope their mouths are way off like in the godzilla movies

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

hey..for those of you that have played both of the games.....and taking into consideration i don't feel i have enuff time as it is to play my various games. (still haven't completed MGS2 or GTA3) do u recommend buying shenume 1 for dc. is the game itself worth it ( compared to all the new next gen games i could be playing). and second...do u think the first episode of the game is important enuff that it really needs to be played to enjoy the second installment fully?

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    i hope their mouths are way off like in the godzilla movies
    well im sure you wish will be granted because I have yet to see any game in the history of videogames where the mouths move accodingly to the voice overs.
    And this game is no exception,... and I dont even speak japanese to know it's off!
    But it does not take anything away from Sega's production. This game is flawless.
    Except for the Dreamcast lag and loading times which the Xbox will hae no such problems with!
    I cant wait. Even though I beat the DC version I still am gonna get the Xbox version. Yo never know, it may have extras the DC doesnt!
    btw, the ending it over "10 minutes" long and is beathtaking!!! This is one game where the ending is not a let down.

***cough**RE:CODE Veronica**cough**Halo**cough*!!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

hey ninja...how about anserwing my questions...its the least u could do after getting my all hyped (jK about its the least u could do part...but u did get me all hyped). also..ninja...go to the gunvalkyerie thread under new release forum.. i replied to you respons to my post and was waiting to see what u thought.

Thread Information