Thread: dead controller????

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

Default dead controller????

hey, i was just wondering since I get mad at my games all of the time, has anyone's xbox controller (first party, MS) died before? if so why? because today, i was playing DOA3 and while moving the d-pad, i heard a loud click from the d-pad, and i don;t think that was supposed to happen.
    ha..

my died while playing raw,ether my friend broke bashing on the toggles or it was the game,im gonna buy a new one then return the broken one an exchange it for another controller
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

When I was trying to get EVERY medal in Project Gotham Racing. I was doing a lot of throwing around of my Xbox pad and it almost costed me a controller out of frustration. But it's ok now

one time I dropped my controller hard. The only thing that happened is when I play halo multiplayer with that controller. It shots a round of the assault rifle automatically. If you hit the R button once it stops though. But for the most part the xbox controllers where made to be dropped I almost broke a couple while playing halo level 3... when you get inside the ship, and 3 of those sword elites come in, and some grunts. They always hack me when I am looking the other way. That was only on heroic too , ok I am really not that good at halo... shut up! I tried

Member on the run

My controller's feedback function started to be on continuously and wouldn't turn off. Eventually it actually started to smoke (I am not lying with this)! I turned off the XBox and unplugged the controller to see if I could figure out what was happening. The controller smelled like it burning plastic. I ended up having to throw it out b/c the buttons and sticks wouldn't work anymore and it would constantly shake. I just think it's one of those unlucky draws.

Believe it or not my controller actually disinigrated in my hand. (Kinda like in Blade when the vampires get killed). There I was playing the best game on xbox (kabuki Warriors) and poof controller went into ashes cord and all.

Hope u guys have better luck than me!
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

i have to press the a button prety hard on one of my controllers to get it to work.

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

darn. u guys seem to not have too good a luck with the controller. well, if it was made to be dropped, and tampered with, i gues that mine okay. i was just being really rough with the d-pad tho.
    ha..

Thread Information