Thread: European Xbox Warning!

Default European Xbox Warning!

It looks as if the japanese are not the only ones having problems with their xboxs, the defective DVD drives that have been damaging the discs are now appearing in europe. I myself can confirm this. About a week after buying my xbox it started making really wierd and loud noises while loading games. After looking at my discs i noticed ALL of them had serious damage from scratches or what looked to be burn marks.

Keep a good eye on your discs!

What do the disks look like when they are burnt and is it a safe bet x-box's will stay around for a long time?

The only noise I heard when I put a disc in is the beautiful whirrring noise that it makes, no loud noises, no scratches. It's quieter than my computer's DVD drawer......
    Also, You won't be believed as you're such a new user. People that come on here and post problems usually have less than 10 posts, people ignore them.

Laters,
    Matt Cox - The official XBA European Buddy!
    Xbox Live Gamertag - xboxmanchester

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Warning: Your XBox will self destruct, melt into hot magma, steam like a cow patty in a snow bank, and whistle like a frog fart if you have less than 10 posts!

Originally posted by mattcoxonline
    Also, You won't be believed as you're such a new user. People that come on here and post problems usually have less than 10 posts, people ignore them.
    Laters,
    I know you were statin a fact, but maybe he joined the forums to ask the question? Simply dismissing someone's question/statement because of the number of posts they've made is an egotistical notion IMHO. I ain't targeting you mattcox... it seems to be almost everyone thinks in that childish manner.

UnitedKingdom.. sorry to say but had you posted 100 msgs prior to this, then someone might have taken you seriously. Seems no one gives the benefit of the doubt anymore... you've gotta earn respect from a bunch of peeps you've never met, before you can have fun talking about a gaming console.

Anyhoo, dude you just happen to have a faulty Xbox. Exchange it.
    Last edited by Dre; 03-26-2002 at 03:49 PM.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre

Thats a childish statement. Maybe he joined the forums to ask the question? Simply dismissing someone's question/statement because of the number of posts they've made is an egotistical notion IMHO.

UnitedKingdom.. sorry to say but had you posted 100 msgs prior to this, then someone might have taken you seriously. Seems no one gives the benefit of the doubt anymore... you've gotta earn respect from a bunch of peeps you've never met, before you can have fun talking about a gaming console.

Anyhoo, dude you just happen to have a faulty Xbox. Exchange it.
    I agree with Max (even though you can tell he is kidding). It is becoming very annoying seeing all this junk about Xbox defaults when almost all of the membres who have been around for a while never experienced any of it.

If Xbox had so many damn problems it would have been recalled by now.

An occasional defective unit is going to turn up from time to time.

Frostberg

The only reason we dont believe people with under say 10 or 20 posts is because they are unproven, and we arent sure if it is a PS2 or GC fanboy trying to mess with us. We have no reason to believe him, because he just isint a figure we can trust. Its true you cant trust anyone...but over time you get that trust...

If Maxy posted saying his Xbox launched his game discs 70mph at him then we would believe that more than someone with 2 posts coming in here and saying they have a problem....and why is this??
    So many of the PS2ers and GC kiddies have ruined all of our trust...remember before and at launch "my xbox is overheating" and "is it true that your xbox collects your personal information like cc numbers and sends them to microsoft?" They ruined it, so dont blame the regulars here for the distrust...

After looking at my discs i noticed ALL of them had serious damage from scratches or what looked to be burn marks.

Ummmm, maybe I'm just naive, but I've never, ever seen burn marks on a DVD other than those from cigarette lighters. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but little diode lasers aren't know for that kind of power last time I checked.

sucks to be you...

No problems here! If there had been a large-scale problem then it would have been reported by now.

Default Re: European Xbox Warning!

Originally posted by UnitedKingdom
    It looks as if the japanese are not the only ones having problems with their xboxs, the defective DVD drives that have been damaging the discs are now appearing in europe. I myself can confirm this. About a week after buying my xbox it started making really wierd and loud noises while loading games. After looking at my discs i noticed ALL of them had serious damage from scratches or what looked to be burn marks.

Keep a good eye on your discs!
    i Have been playing xbox for a week now and no scratches so far dude
    DenniZ
    http://www.pcvsconsole.com/images/hank/burnut.jpg

I have been playing my xbox since CHRISTMAS, and still no problems. And nothing can happen to it now since it has a beastly case.

Well all you puffs who think i like the ps2 or gc are totally wrong. If anyone here doesn't believe me then you might as well get back to the x-files, they have enough conspiricies to keep you going.
    I wasn't announcing to the world that xbox's are crap, they're the best thing out. It was just a word of warning so you don't waste hard earned cash on a defective machine!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUST NO ONE - oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wink Im baaaack

I have returned to the forums at last after a little vacation.

I am very weary of my Xbox. It used to be sooooo quiet but it certainly is getting noisy, and loading times are getting slower and slower. I really dont quite know what to do about this, but as far as I can see this might just be my over imaginative mind.

All my disks have got little wispy scratches but nothing really heavy. I am more inclined to believe that the scratches are cuase by me constantly taking them out of the G-Pak storage case.

I dont quite understand why you are all moaning about his post for, if he is having problems he has probably come here for help, and not some kind of conspiracy to diss the Xbox. I know I would come here for advise, because I thought people might understand and be helpful.

Well, as far as I can see in my little town Xbox aint selling like hot cakes, and indeed people use the kiosk but they aint buying games or Xboxs'. They are amazed but summin is stopping them from buying. On the other hand I hear that in most of the country Xbox has been a really big hit and are having to replenish their stocks all the time, yaaaay. My friends in London have to cue to get their Xbox games, lol. Gamecube also looks to be a big hit around here with the younger generation all ready gossiping on the streets about it. Good luck to GameCube but I still hope Xbox does better.

Anyway better go unpack. See you peeps!

Mr.XboxLover
    -=Vive Les Xbox=-

Originally posted by UnitedKingdom
    Well all you puffs who think i like the ps2 or gc are totally wrong. If anyone here doesn't believe me then you might as well get back to the x-files, they have enough conspiricies to keep you going.
    I wasn't announcing to the world that xbox's are crap, they're the best thing out. It was just a word of warning so you don't waste hard earned cash on a defective machine!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUST NO ONE - oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My appologies for a few of the responses your getting. I'm sorry your having problems, i havn't had any since the original launch. I would just return it for a new machine, it is worth the money you spent. You just got a bad one, the conspiracy theroy is odd, although i have to say the problem is really non existant in the states.
    Good luck with your replacement box.

I've got to admit, I'm pretty skeptical of anyone who creates a new account and then starts compaining.

I've got hundreds of hours on my Xbox and no scratched discs or unusually long load times. It did make sounds occassionally when I had it turned sideways since I didn't always get discs loaded in properly. Since rearranging my home theater equipment so my Xbox can sit properly, this has not been a problem.

As far as scratching discs goes, no problems. I've got discs with MANY MANY hours on them that are as clean as the day I bought them.

I appriciate the responses to this thread from the more mature readers, those who have open minds and realise that it is possible in the 21st century to get a piece of technology that is broken when bought.

Anyway i took my xbox back and got a totally new one which is working perfectly, apart from me hammering the controler a bit too much. (Just bought wreckless so i expect the controls to get even more punishment.)

Can any of you guys in the US recommend any NEW games to us poor europeans who have to wait ages for new releases. Only these 24 games out in the UK at the moment!

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
    Arctic Thunder
    Batman Vengeance
    Blood Wake
    Dark Summit
    Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
    Dead Or Alive 3
    Fuzion Frenzy
    Genma Onimusha
    Halo
    Legacy Of Kain: Blood Omen 2
    Mad Dash Racing
    Max Payne
    NBA Live 2002
    NHL 2002
    NHL Hitz 2002
    Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
    Project Gotham Racing
    Ralli Sport Challenge
    Simpsons Road Rage
    Star Wars: Obi-Wan
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
    Transworld Surf
    Wreckless

P.s. has anyone heard any rumors about halo 2, i hope this is being made!

XBOX til death!!!!!!!!

Thread Information