Thread: Rallisport Challenge

Default Rallisport Challenge

This game is great-with a few flaws. My biggest gripe is when in a race that has the other 3 cars (such as the ice races) the computer cars try to hit you. If they get ahead of you they intentionally brake to cause a crash, they swerve to crash. This just makes no sense. Rally cars are not designed to take this abuse and to program them to want to crash is just wrong. My question is, after unlocking the better cars, if you go back to the 1st races will you then dominate? Or are the computer cars also now improved on the basic races? Thanks

I disagree; I kinda like that the computer players try to crash you... it's what my friends and I do to each other when we play
    Makes for a more realistic experience. Oh, and they try to crash each other too.

If you unlock new cars and use them in the old races, I believe the computer cars are still the old ones. Therefore, you <i>should</i> be able to whoop up on them

just my $0.02...
    The problem with being better than everyone else is that they tend to assume you're prententious.

Hidden Content

I agree that it adds another element of challenge, but for me it detracts from the game as it is so unrealistic to have that happen. I would prefer that they independantly tried to win the race rather than have the car closest to me try to take me out while a lead car takes off. Are they a team? I don't think so, and to have them act in coordination makes the game a little less realistic for me. However, I do think overall this game is a lot of fun.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I've played hours upon hours of Rallisport Challenge and the only times I ever encounter a car purposesly trying to run me off the road is usually in the beginning...and it is sometimes rare.

To me, with cars trying to battle eachother is just part of the game! I love it and wouldn't want it any other way! It's my #2 game which is only second to Halo

I play dirtier than the CPU does. On the sprint track I was always losing to the Saab which dominated every time, so at the start of the race I followed behind him until the first turn. Then when he braked I hit him in the rear and shoved him up and over the guard rail. That set him back way behind the rest of us and I won no problems. I've only noticed in tight situations where someone will tap me from behind to try to spin me out.

Originally posted by GokuX
    I play dirtier than the CPU does. On the sprint track I was always losing to the Saab which dominated every time, so at the start of the race I followed behind him until the first turn. Then when he braked I hit him in the rear and shoved him up and over the guard rail. That set him back way behind the rest of us and I won no problems. I've only noticed in tight situations where someone will tap me from behind to try to spin me out.
    Heh heh heh...I'll have to remember that. I don't have the game yet but I love those kinds of tactics.

Member on the run

I usually just sideswipe them. I actually wish that you raced against others in all of the races after the first couple, but I guess that's just not the way they want it.

Thread Information