Thread: Portable Xbox

Default Portable Xbox

Think about this. Every year I travel to Florida three or four times. I always bring my cuz who happens to be my best friend. I am going to buy an Xbox carrying case. I want to buy the one that they are giving away on this site but I can't find it anywhere. I am also going to buy a portable LCD screen (Just like the one designed for PS1 except that it is compatible with all systems). I will bring the Xbox in the carrying case as my carry-on onto the plane, with two controllers and all of my games. I will have my cousin carry our GBA's and the LCD screen. I will connect the screen and prop it up on the tray table. We will Halo it up for three hours and then we are there. You guys ever though of this or can you think of any holes in my plan?
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Smile GOOD IDEA but...

it's a good project, but i'm not sure you have on 120v plug in the plane; and maybe it can damage your xbox hard disk if U use a battery or an adapter (and even if the cabins are pressurised, there is when even more pressure than normally and I'm not sure if the hardware of any console will be able resist) I know that a lap top can resist and a console have almost the same hardware but it's not exactly the same thing. but it's a very good project!
    My games: Halo, Splinter cell, unreal championship, rallisport challenge, silent hill 2, madden 2002, xbox live starter disc.

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Frostberg

I just dont get how you can have power on the plane...some massive battery? And what about sound? I dont theink the other people would appreciate it...I guess I better not mention how terrible it is to play on a 5" LCD sceen either...

Even though ur idea sucks , there might be something good in store for you. I heard microsoft is working on a handheld! That would be even better than ur idea. But judging on how big they made xbox... their handheld might be more like a laptop

Thanx for the complements. I guess that I did not really consider power. But, when I was in my friends car we played DC on a TV and our only source of power was a battery pack. Now, grand it, Xbox uses more power it still might work. About the sound issue, there is a jack for head phones. And I don't think that the people around you would mind if you let them play a round our to.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

Exclamation

Considering how tight security is at airports, I would wonder if they consider your X-Box to be a possible bomb or any other harmful device when it goes through the X-Ray. Who knows? And, you would need a first class row which can be pretty hard to get and it's very expensive (unless you ride stand-by where it costs like 20$, but you're not guaranteed a seat when you get there). You should call the airport and ask them about it.

Good luck!!

There's also the whole magnetic field thing when going through customs. I know that most countries have replaced the x-ray machines with magnetically shielded ones, however, you might still meet an old one... obviously a magnetic field could erase and possibly damage your xbox's hard drive.

Lates,
    Dre
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

ya, security will definitely be a problem.

my buddy was flying from Ontario to BC and he had like a video camera, digital camera, 2 gameboys, 2 walkie talkies all in his carry-on.

He was dealing with security for like 2 hours while they checked all of his electronics. something the size of an Xbox would definitely arise suspicion.

Skarp

Why not get 2 xbox's with carrying cases and get 2 LCD screens along with 2 massive batteries so you can play linked halo each having your own screen...

Actually security is not a problem. I have brought my Xbox on a plane before. I bought it in Florida and brought it back to Minnesota. I just packed cloths around it so that it would not get damaged and but it in my suitcase. As for the security they did not mind. One time I had to remove my DC and put it through the scanner thing but they still let me take it on.

Hidden Content

I would definately say that security is the least of your issues. I have flown with laptops, palmtops, cell phones, digital cameras, 35mm cameras etc.... all without hassle or equipment damage. About the only way that this will work is if you are flying overseas since some of these planes have 12vdc outlets at the seats and then you can get a power inverter.

Good luck on your quest for constant gaming!
    Here's how bad I suck

Don't get a free IPOD - Hidden Content

old sig Made by professor_frink he is the sig man!
    http://hosting.reversedreality.com/user_images/jschelm/sig.jpg

Haven't you guys ever heard of a laptop?

The XBOX could absolutely be made into a portable unit with a built-in screen and at least 2 hours of battery life.

The only problem is that it would cost $1000 nobody would want to buy it.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

bringing stuff on carry-on, and putting stuff in a suitcase are completely different security issues, electronics being checked doesn't even have remotely the same potential for danger as electronics in the airplane

Thread Information