Thread: James Bond: EA Under Fire

Thumbs down James Bond: EA Under Fire

After getting this title today and playing it on both single and 4 player mode for about 4 hours I have decided that this one will be exchanged for another game in the next few days (thank you EB). Although this game did deliver better graphics than its PS2 counterpart (and nearly equal graphics as the GC), I got very bored with this one more quickly than I do with other sub par games. Maybe it's just because I'm not a HUGE fan of the Bond genre but the funfactor of this game seemed to extremely lack after I played it for a few hours (also it seemed very easy). So a couple of buddies of mine came over and we tried it out 4 player and it lost all of our interest in less than 20 minutes (we are used to playing 4 player console games like Halo, Quake, PD). My major gripe with multiplayer was that players often didn't respond after you shot them, boooo. Again this game may be for some of you die hard bond fans, and you might get alot of enjoyment out of it, but for those of you short on $ and are looking foward to buying some 'awesome' games in the upcoming months in my opinion you can do alot better than this game and I highly recommend that you wait for games like UT, Duality, BF, and sooooo many more fps'ers. EA is starting to lose my respect by pumping out games like this and also Triple Play 2002 (it's sucky).

Default I totally agree with you man

I am a Bond fan
    I own GoldenEye for n 64 and that is an AMAZING game...
    i cant get enough of it
    i havnt played EA's Bond for X-BOX yet, but i knew it would be a peice of $h|t game...
    i have hunches on things like this
    my friend was all pumped on it coming out and he reserved it and everything, but i told him it would suck
    id say that bond should be left to the old console systems, and X-BOX should come out with new games that are a lot better (a perfect example of this is HALO....)
    i am dissapointed by the crappy games coming out for X-BOX... they should have to send their games to a tester before they come out on sale.
    and if the test says the game is crap, then it cant be released!
    this will force companies to make better games so we can get our moneys worth!!!
    whos with me on this idea!?!??!?!
    You Mess with the BuLL, you get the DiNK!

EA's Bond for the N64 was a disgrace to the Bond name. Too bad Rare let the rights go, ahh well it'd be difficult to top themselves in the Bond/FPS genre anyway.

GRAVEDIGGER

Default Hmm...

Hmm...that's a pity...Because Rare did and excelent Job with the the first Bond, they should have kept the license and not let EA disgrace the Legend, that is BOND

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken
    Last edited by GRAVEDIGGER; 04-02-2002 at 04:05 PM.

Rare had to let go the right. It's hard to make a sequal. Plus it would kind of sucked that they would do a James Bond Part 2.
    I'm glad they made Perfect Dark for the N64.

The game is way better than The world is not enough when it came out. but it didn't impress me as much when goldeneye came out.

I knew this wouldn't be that great either. Mostly because it isn't that great on the PS2 or Gamecube either.

oh well..i guess i wont be getting this game...heard enough bad stuff about it to get it..thanks guys

xbaaddict

i bought the game and i like it but it is short, bullets look like sparks, and enemys have no reaction to bullets. but this game is pretty cool i bought it the first day it came out and am still playing it...it did lack in places tho...but what is cool is the bots in multiplayer, so you can play one person multiplayer. all in all this is a good game but in a 1-10 it would recieve about a 7 on my list.

In the end it doesn't even matter.

i like the game
    im jw....
    wasnt TWINE for n64 also made by EA?
    and that game was amazing...

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

i thought twine sucked on the N64. I was planning to buy it, but luckly I rented it first. Agent under fire didn't go as low to my expectations at TWAIN(which was actually way easier than this which I beat in only a few hours).

The only thing worth playing on here is the multiplayer with the Jet pack and different boards. I like playing the AI

Yep, I felt pretty much the same. this game really bites! It would be nice if Rare would make a Perfect Dark for the Xbox!
    you don't have to like it but, you do have to live with it!

Thread Information