Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Input On X-box Releasing Crap Games!

Default Need Input On X-box Releasing Crap Games!

i am dissapointed by the crappy games coming out for X-BOX... they should have to send their games to a tester before they come out on sale.
    and if the test says the game is crap, then it cant be released!
    this will force companies to make better games so we can get our moneys worth!!!
    whos with me on this idea!?!??!?!
    You Mess with the BuLL, you get the DiNK!

Well, I sorta agree with you, but there are some holes in your idea. For one after a company has spent many months and years on a game they are going to release it no matter how bad. They can have wasted all that time and money for nothing. But, I also have an idea. I think that they should put people like me and you in their company. You know, people who know there games. Then we should advise them on decisions like weather this genre is cool or if a certain game should have co-op or a name for this game. I think that that might stop the releasing of games like Kabuki Warriors. What were they on?
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Originally posted by Laxeph
    Well, I sorta agree with you, but there are some holes in your idea. For one after a company has spent many months and years on a game they are going to release it no matter how bad. They can have wasted all that time and money for nothing. But, I also have an idea. I think that they should put people like me and you in their company. You know, people who know there games. Then we should advise them on decisions like weather this genre is cool or if a certain game should have co-op or a name for this game. I think that that might stop the releasing of games like Kabuki Warriors. What were they on?

Kabuki Warriors.. ewww
    Shrek
    Mad dash
    Azurik
    Nightcaster
    Gunvalkryie (had I hopes for this one)
    Circus Maximus

I think those games take the cake for crap, but Xbox still has alot of good titles like Halo, JSRF, NFL 2k2, Oddworld, Rallisport (although not as good as A spec)

Your right, game dev's should let some of there games be played by gamers for feedback, I wont be able to withstand another kabuki Warriors or Shrek...
    Ask me about alpacca herding!

Oh yes. Kabuki Warriors. Everyone should have atleast 3 copies of that! It's bad, but every console has their games that make you want to cry.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy these games. And some people actually enjoy the games other people hate. Azurik, for example, has a rabid cult following.

shrek actually interests me

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I agree with Hugh. I liked Azurik...I'm almost finished with it. Anyone that hasn't given this game 6 hours of playing hasn't, in my mind, even played it so they can't judge it.

As for Kabuki Warriors, I haven't played it...nor do I have interest in it. But, I can't honestly say that it's a crap game unless I have played it. By the sounds of it, I can safely say that I probably won't like it...only because it is receiving exceptionally poor reviews.

Personally, I think all consoles have crappy games. But, also, those same consoles have great games! Just make sure you do research and clean the dung out of your diaper before you buy a new game.

If you think Halo is crap...no problem...I could care less because I like it.

One thing is for sure, I don't take the XBox for granted like many very young gamers do. I grew up playing the Atari 2600...so, I really know what crap games are all about!!! They are only crap games compared to XBox games...but, I honestly think that there are many very young people out there that completely take XBox's technology and innovation for granted. Just my $0.02

i am dissapointed by the crappy games coming out for X-BOX... they should have to send their games to a tester before they come out on sale.
    Hrmm, can you imagine the chaos this system would cause.
    Developers would be infuriated by Microsoft for not releasing their games saying "But my game is better than *insert other game title here*"
    Developers would stop making games for the box as they would be too scared of Microsoft rejecting their game AFTER it has been finished.

And I agree with what you guys are saying, just because a few playtesters don't like a particular game, it doesn't mean there aren't plenty of people out there who would still like it. The Xbox game market is huge, with America Europe and Japan.

Overall I reckon its up to you to decide whether a game is crap or not. Everyone has different tastes in games, and if you buy before renting or reading reviews then you can't really complain if you don't like it.
    raVen

hey BuLL-DiNK
    altho i may agree wit u most of the time...
    this is one of those times...
    i mean...u see me at school..
    and u know that i have like 9 games...10 once i get 007!
    WOOO!!
    but n e ways....if u think of that...thats 10 games over how many months the xbox has been it...which is ....5 months...for N.A.
    so that means 10/5=2!
    this means that for every month the xbox has been out i have purchased 2 games.....
    this is the most amount of games i have eva owned for a console...
    and i like every game i have....

so thats my opinion

PeaCe!
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by Maximus
    One thing is for sure, I don't take the XBox for granted like many very young gamers do. I grew up playing the Atari 2600...so, I really know what crap games are all about!!! They are only crap games compared to XBox games
    what you talking about, Atari had great classics like Ghostbusters II, Qbert and Football, where you could choose from 2 exciting plays, pass or run!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Gortholomew

what you talking about, Atari had great classics like Ghostbusters II, Qbert and Football, where you could choose from 2 exciting plays, pass or run!!
    hehe...now, that's a GREAT POINT!!

Originally posted by Gortholomew

I loved Adventure on the 2600. Pitfall was fun, too. Actually, there was a lot to love about the 2600 in its day considering the nearest competition was PONG when it first came out.

Frogger was a blast. Pac-Man *WAS* dismal. Asteroids was decent. Missile Command was fun. Now you went and sent me down memory lane.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

i don't remember too much from Atari, pretty much only the games i listed above (especially Football) i'm only 19, we used to play my older cousin's atari. I remember that i actually liked ET although i don't understand why now

I spent HOURS when I was a kid playing ET on my 2600! I thought that one screen that was blue and had the buildings was one of the weirdest things I'd ever seen (I was only 5 at the time... cut me some slack!)

But how could any of you forget to mention Yars Revenge? Smurfs? Pitfall 2? Porkys? Or BURGERTIME????

I know what you're saying... why did my mother let me have Porkys when I was only 5? No wonder I'm so screwed up!

Ah the memories!

Lets keep a couple things in mind.

1. Xbox is still a new system. A lot of games that have been released were in production for other systems and had to be changed and rushed to get them out, thats why there are a lot of half ass ports and other crap. Also, since xbox is still new, developers haven't mastered the system and can't produce the really great games yet.

2. The majority of games on any system are crap. PS1 had almost 4000 games released for it. Can you name more than a few hundred at most? PS2 has a ton of crap games and only a few great ones. The better ones are more recent.

3. Chill out. Why is everyone so worried about the xbox's success? Just enjoy it. If it turns out that it does suck you'll just go get a PS2. It's not about brand loyalty, its about playing good games. There's no need to worry anyway, it's Microsoft, they will make it work no matter what the cost.

I agree with he point of the original post . . . that there are too many crappy games coming out and not enough good ones. 30% of them are PS2 ports, and not even of the good PS2 games! I just picked up 007 AUF, and it sucks. Project Gotham and DOA3 were cool for a couple weeks, but they got old. Amped was old after a week. Rallisport is good, but could be better. Halo is the only REALLY good game we have, and I could think of a million things that are wrong with HALO. The system is 6 months old. 1 average fighting game with awesome graphics and 1.5 FPS (007 AUF barely counts, not even as good as the original 007 for N64 thats 4 years old), no kart racer (MarioKart), no good sim racing game (a la GT3 A spec). You people who thing XBOX has good games are too easy to amuse. I am extremely diaspppointed so far.

The Xbox is the best system out there.With games such as
    halo
    project gotham racing
    bloodwake
    oddworld munchs odysee
    max payne
    nfl fever 2002
    nba 2k2
    nba inside drive 2002
    allstar baseball 2002
    blood omen 2
    wreckless (best graphics in a game yet)
    ***just to name a few***
    coming soon:
    morrowind
    project ego
    spiderman
    superman
    halo 2?
    and a bunch more
    The bottom line is the xbox is still brand new and when the developers figure it out it will be much better than it already is.
    Just play the great games and have fun.

Originally posted by J98GT
    I agree with he point of the original post . . . that there are too many crappy games coming out and not enough good ones. 30% of them are PS2 ports, and not even of the good PS2 games! I just picked up 007 AUF, and it sucks. Project Gotham and DOA3 were cool for a couple weeks, but they got old. Amped was old after a week. Rallisport is good, but could be better. Halo is the only REALLY good game we have, and I could think of a million things that are wrong with HALO. The system is 6 months old. 1 average fighting game with awesome graphics and 1.5 FPS (007 AUF barely counts, not even as good as the original 007 for N64 thats 4 years old), no kart racer (MarioKart), no good sim racing game (a la GT3 A spec). You people who thing XBOX has good games are too easy to amuse. I am extremely diaspppointed so far.
    You ever think maybe your expectations are too unrealistic? Maybe you should buy another console.

Cool These replys have given me some new thoughts and ideas....

I can understand why they throw out half ass games for other game consoles (64/sony/sony2,etc) but this is XBOX! it is the best game console out! when you spend 80 on a game, you want it to be good.
    and i still stand strong with "testing idea". so what if it will cause problems!??!?! we are the consumers, and we want good sh|t for our money!
    these gaming companies can wip off a game in a week if they wanted to.
    just take a game from PS 2 or something and change the format and wammo, theres a poop load of money for a weeks worth of nothing. They dont care about us, they just want money
    if this testing theory went into play then a lot more positives would come out of it then negatives.
    it would also give bill gates and microsoft a better name. who cares if game companies stopped making games for X-BOX...most big / good game companies would stay in, and this means less games, but it means BETTER games...
    the only way this wouldnt be a benefit for you, is if you worked in a game company that makes CRApPY GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    blah!
    thats my input...
    i dont know if it makes any sense cause its my birthday and im pretty f**ked up.....but thats what i honestly think

Default other ramblings from the BuLL-DiNK

X-Box shouldnt take old games from other systems (eg. golden eye)
    golden eye and mario kart were both AMAZING games for N64 (Zelda was the best game i had ever played before i played Halo)
    N64 is N64...they arent meant to be re-done because the magic from them is already gone
    New, original titles should be coming out (Like Halo and AMped) ...thats the way to go
    i cant wait till the matrix and the lord of the rings game come out.
    ever since i read the trilogy (about 4 years ago) ive been wanting them to make a LOTR video game
    and since X-BOX is coming out with it, im really happy about that
    also the Matrix is my favorite movie of all time and i wanna play the game (if its anything like the movie, it will be amazing)

Thread Information