Thread: I must recant my opinion of Turok: Revolution

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post I must recant my opinion of Turok: Revolution

After hearing how bad it was (and saying how bad it was) and myself saying acclaim couldn't make a decent game, again I ran into the (so i thought) crappy piece of software at a friends house. I said I couldn't believe his brother bought it. Me and 7 other friends sat around in his living room slamming back a few and the game was catching my eye every so often. I then asked if i could have a try ( just for the hell of it) and so I was off playing this ****ty game( so i thought ) called Turok. 1/2 hour passed and i'm still playing. Then an hour went by and before you know it, i played the game for 4 and 1/2 hours, using the level skip option and putting the game through various tests of playability. I even played some deathmatches with my friends as well. I couldn't have been more wrong about this game. THIS GAME ROCKS!!! IMO, it looks better than HALO in alot of ways,though the AI isn't as good (it's good none the less). The scoping of your enemies and not to mention the dinosaurs in game look amazing. The pyros in this game (and weapons) beat HALO's hands down!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW WRONG I WAS ABOUT THIS GAME. I'm going to buy it today when gamestop opens at 11:00. I think it's definately one of the best Xbox games released to date. I myself am shocked about such a drastic change in opinion. I will go as far as to say that the game is revolutionary in it's own right. 3 years in development, hand painted pastelle backgrounds , awesome weapons and many other great things I could say about this GREAT title. Damn, i feel like such a jerk. Acclaim CAN make a great game.

By the way, I might just buy it at Toys R Us . It's closer and I know I won't be taking it back at all!!! That's how much I love this game
    Last edited by consolegamer; 09-01-2002 at 08:26 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Turok: Evolution kicks serious ass!!!
    Hidden Content
    So does Enclave!!!!!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information