Thread: The Buzz...Deathrow..UC..etc

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Buzz/Hype to do with the Xbox...Deathrow..UC..XBL..etc

Well since we visit this and other xbox sites and look for information we know all about games and how the xbox is doing. Just how do we measure the average gamer's interest in certain games?

I for one look at Gamespot's Top 10 most viewed games which is on the bottom of their home page.

(As of right now there are three xbox titles in the top 10, six Ps2 titles and 1 PC title)

Incidently those titles are Deathrow at #2, Baldur's Gate : Dark Alliance at #4 and Unreal Championship at #9.

The Xbox has really been lacking that hype. You know the kind, when 13 year old Jimbob says to his friend Bob,

"You should get an Xbox for Christmas, they've got really good titles!"
    Then Bob replies, "Like what?"
    To which Jimbob can say, "Well Deathrow, Unreal Championship, and Mech Assault are all really (insert exclamatory word here) awesome or cool."
    "Oh yeah," Bob will say,"I read about that in Gamerpro (or Gamespot, etc)"

That's how systems get sold. When people tell each other what to get. I know that I trust the people I know more than some guy reviewing games.

So what I want to know is how's the hype surrounding xbox? Not here..not at some other Xbox fansite or even a magazine..but what's the word on the street? Do you even hear the word Xbox in your normal life?

Just the other day I left some kid speachless after mentioning just how much the Xbox was better than the Playstation II. Guess what system he'll be getting this Christmas
    Last edited by thatroger; 10-30-2002 at 06:49 PM.

Thread Information