Thread: Any original XBOX collectors out there?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My preference is to trade, but I'm open to anything. It's the standard Xbox debug kit with the XDK dashboard. I picked it up in a lot of development systems from a game publisher that closed up shop. Comes with the correct hookups and a controller. No box, manual or software. It's in very good cosmetic and working condition. I was hopeing to use it as trade bait for something I need.

As an aside, I wasn't aware there was another kind of debug kit. It's that kind of information that I would really like to compile.

I have a unopened (plastic still on the box) Blue Halo 2 Canadian Xbox. I guess everything is for sale at the right price.
    Last edited by Kamshaft; 01-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hunter View Post
    My preference is to trade, but I'm open to anything. It's the standard Xbox debug kit with the XDK dashboard. I picked it up in a lot of development systems from a game publisher that closed up shop. Comes with the correct hookups and a controller. No box, manual or software. It's in very good cosmetic and working condition. I was hopeing to use it as trade bait for something I need.

As an aside, I wasn't aware there was another kind of debug kit. It's that kind of information that I would really like to compile.
    There are some debug kits that are just standard black also. There are also the Alpha I and Alpha II kits. (The ones in the PC cases.)

As of right now I don't have anything to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamshaft-XBA View Post
    I have a unopened (plastic still on the box) Blue Halo 2 Canadian Xbox. I guess everything is for sale at the right price.
    I hope you wouldn't be asking $1,750 like the guy on Ebay. That price is way to high.

Very few things in the video game world are worth $1,750. There is no original XBOX system worth $1,750 to me and I have some rare ones. I sometimes wonder why people would research an item, and write a detailed auction listing and then come up with hava price so ridiculous the whole excercise is just a waste of time. If you want to know what this item looks like, you can just click on the link from my previous posting and have a look. I think its the picture right next to the beta machine.

Yeah all his consoles are way over priced. I have two of the blue ones. Seen here with their matching controllers. I only have the one box though.

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

it's amazing how ppl inflate prices to try and get as much money as possible when in the end they end up just hurting their own image. when it comes to video games you have to understand that there will only be a limited time when the prices are high, but when you talk about old consoles the value doesn't carry over. granted there may be a couple hundred of these consoles in the world, but the original xbl has been turned off and development for games has stopped so the worth of the console itself has already taken a hit due to those two factors alone.

Its like the limited 360 consoles now. Don't expect their value to stay when the next console comes out. The same can be said for faceplates and games as well. Granted the faceplate market is now almost non existent esp. with the introduction of the new slim consoles and the fact that MS itself has abandoned support for them, but that doesn't stop ppl from trying to get cash from unsuspecting suckers. Limited games though seems to be where the last hurrah is as far as value. Games such as Dead Space Ultra Limited Edt., Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Signiture Bundle and the Tiesto DJ Hero 2 bundle which have very limited supply only carry a high price due to the fact that the 360 is still going strong, but once the new console comes out those prices and value should drop (unless the new console plays the 360 games).

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric-XBA View Post
    it's amazing how ppl inflate prices to try and get as much money as possible when in the end they end up just hurting their own image. when it comes to video games you have to understand that there will only be a limited time when the prices are high, but when you talk about old consoles the value doesn't carry over. granted there may be a couple hundred of these consoles in the world, but the original xbl has been turned off and development for games has stopped so the worth of the console itself has already taken a hit due to those two factors alone.

Its like the limited 360 consoles now. Don't expect their value to stay when the next console comes out. The same can be said for faceplates and games as well. Granted the faceplate market is now almost non existent esp. with the introduction of the new slim consoles and the fact that MS itself has abandoned support for them, but that doesn't stop ppl from trying to get cash from unsuspecting suckers. Limited games though seems to be where the last hurrah is as far as value. Games such as Dead Space Ultra Limited Edt., Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Signiture Bundle and the Tiesto DJ Hero 2 bundle which have very limited supply only carry a high price due to the fact that the 360 is still going strong, but once the new console comes out those prices and value should drop (unless the new console plays the 360 games).
    I don't think the fact that there is no support for a console by the original manufacturer or if games are made anymore has much effect on the price. People who collect consoles don't buy them to play them so those features wouldn't matter to them anyway. Granted they probably want to buy one that they know works even though they never plan to use it.

Same thing probably goes for games as well. Rare older games still go for good amounts of money for consoles that aren't supported or don't have games being made for them anymore. Take the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition for example. If you paid $700 for a copy of the game still sealed in the box are you going to open it and play it? A good example of a rare original game that has a high price tag on it is Stadium Events for the NES.
    Last edited by MoonTar; 01-16-2012 at 06:52 PM.

I'm pretty new to this whole collecting thing and don't know I have have a piece of crap or something of value. Its a Lotus Xbox original steering wheel with signed books and concept art(almost mint). I'm looking to sell it and don't know where the best place for that would be? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Just dump everything to photobucket or any other picture hosting site then link it here

I definitely want to see your collection. Post em up in photobucket!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonTar View Post
    I hope you wouldn't be asking $1,750 like the guy on Ebay. That price is way to high.
    Not likely. Would be nice though.

I am trying to put together a list of the promotional games for the XBOX. I don't mean the "not for resale" style pack-in games, demo copies or the beta games. Based on my experience, these were typically full copies of the games given out to gaming magazines or to retailers. I bought a few for the XBOX and a few more for the Wii from my local game store and would like to build a complete set for the XBOX if I can. Does anyone have an idea of how many games had promotional copies produced? I will do the research if anyone has guidance on how to get it done.

When you're a collector, you pay the price for the items in exchange for the joy you get building a collection. You don't do it for the value of the collection, because collections like that almost always go down in value. I'd be lucky to get $10K for my collection which was worth over $25K at one time. There will most likely come a time when one of the plates becomes in demand for whatever reason it might be, and there will probably be one plate worth the whole $25K. Imagine collecting NES cartridges. 99% of them aren't worth a quarter anymore, but there's one worth almost $30K. Anyone with a complete collection still has a valuable collection.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thread Information