Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Console on the way.

Default New Console on the way.

Phantom Game Console Revealed
    Infinium Labs reveals high performance game console, challenges the big boys.
    Monday January 20, 2003 | Prophet

Phantom concept sketch
    A Tampa-Bay, Florida area technology company called Infinium Labs is working on a high performance game console system that it says will outperform the Xbox, PlayStation 2 and the GameCube. Scheduled for release in December 2003, the new system is called Phantom, and Infinium Labs has high hopes that it can do things that the other big boys in the console space can only dream of doing. According to this press release issued today the company, the Phantom will be the fastest console on the market when it is released late this year and will offer a variety of services at launch including preloaded games (according to the company nearly potentially thousands), cross-platform capabilities (what platforms were disclosed), and wireless and accessory support, online support, seamless upgrade and patch system for software, a subscription service for games for all segments of the market ( casual, moderate and hard-core), the ability to demo games before purchase, Games on Demand, and game rentals. The console will heavily support online broadband connectivity which will help facilitate other aspects like buying games over the internet and the ability to rent games online.

Infinium Labs Says that it will have a prototype ready in March. While it wasn't stated in the company's release, it sounds like the Phantom may very well be unleashed at the Game Developers Conference. Details on whether or not game developers have begun embracing this system are not known at this time, but we'll keep you posted.

Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

That thing look kind of interesting. Well, since it's a new videogme system, the Burning Ranger is going to have to buy it. I have to buy any system that gets released. The only problem I have with it is No Capcom, Sega, Konami, Namco, Hudson Soft, etc.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

It's a pc not a console, one that can't be upgrade.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

their controller looks exactly like the xbox controller

It has a real tight design to me. I admit the controller looks identical to the Xbox. I'm not sure whether to believe this or not.
    Now Playing

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    It has a real tight design to me. I admit the controller looks identical to the Xbox. I'm not sure whether to believe this or not.
    You can call them at 877-485-5962 & find out.

you can go to www.infiniumlabs.com it has stuff about the console. but they say that theres already 32,679 games available. so is that for all consoles, or just for the phantom? and in another thing, it says that you can have choices of over 50,000 games. so, i doubt that you can play like ps2, xbox, pc games on it. so, do you think that theyre just small crappy games, because 50,000 is a lot

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    you can go to www.infiniumlabs.com it has stuff about the console. but they say that theres already 32,679 games available. so is that for all consoles, or just for the phantom? and in another thing, it says that you can have choices of over 50,000 games. so, i doubt that you can play like ps2, xbox, pc games on it. so, do you think that theyre just small crappy games, because 50,000 is a lot
    I just checked it out and I'm curious about the thing. I wonder what kind of games they are. I'm guessing it has several older PC titles in the system. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on this.
    Now Playing

yea. if its like 50,000 games, then most of them have to be small crappy games. because there arent even 50,000 games out today (like atari, nes, snes, genesis, xbox, ps2, n64, etc.). all those combined are probly less than 50,000

That 50k games are all pc games.

sniff....smells like a failure...

Originally posted by Knight
    That 50k games are all pc games.
    what do u mean. like it plays pc games? i didnt know there were 50,000 pc games. thats a lot

yea. if its like 50,000 games, then most of them have to be small crappy games. because there arent even 50,000 games out today (like atari, nes, snes, genesis, xbox, ps2, n64, etc.). all those combined are probly less than 50,000
    There's is alot of crapy freeware & shareware games out there.

what do u mean. like it plays pc games? i didnt know there were 50,000 pc games. thats a lot
    Yup

http://www.infiniumlabs.com/phantom_experience.asp

http://www.infiniumlabs.com/game_selection.asp

so it only plays pc games? lol whats the point of that? its the same thing as a computer, except you can only play games. haha, they think theyre gonna rule the gaming industry with that, lol.

so it only plays pc games? lol whats the point of that? its the same thing as a computer, except you can only play games. haha, they think theyre gonna rule the gaming industry with that, lol.
    If it were to play PC games, that would be pretty cool to me. The reason why, sitting down on a chair, looking at the monitor is not comfortable. But relazing on my bed and playing games on a bigger size TV is more fun.

I know I seem like I'm supporting the system but hey, I respect every single console no matter what it is.
    Now Playing

yea, its a cool idea. i wouldnt mind having it, but theres really no need to buy it, and they cant expect to dominate the gaming industry with something like that.

It can play games only made for it too as well as the pc games.
    It's a non-upgradebul computer that will have some crapy games made from nobody Company & from the making of this pc.

Originally posted by Burning Ranger

I know I seem like I'm supporting the system but hey, I respect every single console no matter what it is.
    Do I need to say it agian? It's not a console it's a pc.

Originally posted by Knight
    It's a pc not a console, one that can't be upgrade.
    it actually says it can be easily upgraded...i guess just like a pc....i think its a neat idea......sounds pretty cool if it can play pc games....my computer sucks so this would be nice...id have to wait and see for more info first to say if id get it or not though but so far it doesnt sound bad

Thread Information