Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SpaceGhost2K's Wishlist (Updated 7/24/10)

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Hey I too have a Canada X06 on it's way should be here soon.

Where the hell did you guys get it, I want one too!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal AK47 View Post
    Where the hell did you guys get it, I want one too!
    Jesus, Ghost, an idiot selling it for nothing (that was how i got mine) or ebay. good luck Lethal

Mine was given to me from a hell of a guy.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Mine was given to me from a hell of a guy.
    ghost ???

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    ghost ???
    Well, he's a hell of a guy, but not this particular hell of a guy.

Banned

Well, he's a hell of a guy, but not this particular hell of a guy.
    Got it... could it still have been ghost??? and if not ur dad???

My dad isn't what I'd call a "hell of a guy." And no, Ghost didn't give it to me. Someone else did. But ghost, moltenluv and kingmidas86 are all very generous people and my idea of "community."

Banned

My dad isn't what I'd call a "hell of a guy." And no, Ghost didn't give it to me. Someone else did. But ghost, moltenluv and kingmidas86 are all very generous people and my idea of "community."
    do i have to send you a car to get first on that list, just kidding i know they are great so are most of the people here except for no one. We all help each other out in ways only serious friends and random people would. I think its kinda funny how random people can become such great friends over small pieces of plastic i.e. faceplates. This community we have here is nothing short of a family except for ghost he is the rich friend who has all the stuff you want and will never have and Gameking28 is that rich friend also.

Just to clarify, I'm not rich ! In fact everybody that has a job has more $$$ than me.

Banned

not trying to say that you are you just have all the stuff we want

He just works harder to get them than most of us do.

I wish more people gave me Faceplates for free. Most of the time I pay a lot of money for them. What I really hate is when people get Faceplates from eBay for a good price which they already have and then want sell it with a f*cking high profit. Some people only think about money and not about collectors who also want Faceplates in their collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal AK47 View Post
    I wish more people gave me Faceplates for free. Most of the time I pay a lot of money for them. What I really hate is when people get Faceplates from eBay for a good price which they already have and then want sell it with a f*cking high profit. Some people only think about money and not about collectors who also want Faceplates in their collection!
    Don't hate those people. Be one of them. Buy low, sell high: it's the golden rule.

People are happy to share your good fortune with you when you get a deal, but they're not so quick to take it in the nuts along with ya when you pay too much.

There is a "going price" for everything. What is the "going price" for an E305 plate? $50-$60. Some people will pay less. Some will pay more. But that's the "going price."

The trick is to know what the "going price" IS, and not to spend more than that. If you are patient, you will eventually be able to get what you want for the price you want to pay for it. Make contacts. Be diligent. Be proactive. Contact people and ask questions, like do they have another one they'd like to sell and make them an offer. Maybe they'll say no, maybe they'll say yes.

Moltenluv lost that first Space Ghost plate that I made, and she immediately emailed me and asked if I had another one or if I could make her another one. If she wouldn't have done that, guess what? She wouldn't own that plate. Same with ghostrider and the Iron Giant plate. He wanted it, found me, and got one.

Banned

He just works harder to get them than most of us do.
    he has more connections than alot of us do

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    he has more connections than alot of us do

He got them by working on it. He didn't just have ten contacts in his in-basket one day.

**UPDATED 1/25**

Well, I had to add Saints Row NZ back onto my wishlist. The people at Undercutter.com said a month ago that it shipped, but all info on my ordering page reads "pending shipping." I am just trying to get my money back now.

I also used both of my wood plates and ordered a replacement for my collection and the guy went me a Woody. I have woodys, thank you. He didn't reply to multiple contact attempts, so I gave him bad feedback and I'm moving on. I'm only out seven bucks and at one time I would happily have paid seven bucks for a MS faceplate.

I won a Rainbow Six: Vegas which has arrived at Elite C's house. There is also a Stuntman supposedly headed his way, and a Call of Duty 4 on its way directly to me. Plus we're working on a deal to swap a custom for his Forza 2plate, which is why it's no longer on my wishlist.

And of course, I have the sparkly one coming.

I don't even know what to do with the IdolM@ster Girls or DOA Zero Hour airbrush plates. Wow, I wish I had somebody with some contacts...

I have half-done plates all over the damn house. And garage. I don't have time to work on the displays even though Tom was INCREDIBLY gracious and emailed me the instruction sheet from the mfg with all specs on it. I do need to go put up some hang tabs or SOMETHING so they dont' get destroyed until the cases are done.

I bought a UK Launch plate to replace mine with the TINY red mark on it. I received it, and a couple days later I received a second one. I thought maybe it was meant for someone else. I contacted him, we emailed back and forth, and he ended up offering it to me because he had the other guy covered. So I bought it, too. It was a little more than I paid for the other one 'cause I got a real deal on that one.

Anyway, I now have a couple of plates people might be interested in, so I'll make a trade thread and see if someone wants to swap a couple of plates.

For those of you who don't know, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) for a few years now to get a cartoon made. My artist/friend is named Christoph and he lives in Germany. Here's a link to his site:

http://jabberwocky.animationblogspot.com/page/3/

Start at the bottom. "Fly Guy" is mine.

I am sending him some faceplates to decorate. I gave him some suggestions:
    1) Anything from Pixar (with gh0st_r1der in mind)
    2) A Thundercats (with moltenluv in mind)
    3) Psychonauts (gonna be a gift to Tim Schafer. I want Christoph to get a job working with him.)
    4) Other Nintendo properties. He draws a bytchin' Link/Zelda and Ghosts and Goblins. He likes the old school stuff.

The faceplates will be a gift from me to him. When they come back, I will sell them to collectors here or eBay them (except for Tim Schafer's of course). Any money made from the plates (minus eBay fees) will be sent to Christoph. This isn't a money maker for me. This is all about him. Hopefully, if I sell them all here, there won't BE any eBay fees.

I'm waiting to hear back from him if he's even going to have time to do this before I send the stuff off, so don't put in orders yet. Unless of course, you want to pay $100-$125 for a faceplate sight-unseen, in which case I'm pretty sure I can twist his arm

**EDIT** His plates will be plain white or silver with art markers. They won't be fully painted or colored.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 01-25-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Banned

so edward those plates that he is selling are just white ones painted with sharpie??

They will most likely be line drawn, not colored in.

For example, they'll look like this:

Or they might look like this:

The first one is a "clean" version and the bottom one is a "rough" version. Usually stuff is cleaned up on the computer, or the original is messed up with white out and stuff and then scanned to make a clean copy. Either one of those are impossible for a faceplate, so 90% chance it will look like the bottom one.

Bump. Update in progress.

Thread Information