Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tutorials on How-To Customize: Post them HERE.

Don't tell me you are paying for that, too?

wow SpaceGhost2K, that's one hell of tutorial you got here, very informative
    Last edited by artistpavel; 01-03-2008 at 03:03 PM.

This tutorial is just awesome !
    I'm more into drilling and cutting though. It will help me finish my first case mod ( faceplate included )

Wow! That is a serious tutorial you put out there. For me though, I just like to aquire them, put them on my 360 and feel the ego trip that comes from being pretty high on the "Nerd Food Chain"

Aw, you're not a nerd. A nerd is that guy who's always just one notch stranger than you are.

For instance, my example I use all the time. One Halloween while running a game store, I dressed up at Princess Leia in slave gear. See, that's just funny. It's the cosplayers who do it all the time who are nerds.

I have a Millennium Falcon and an Xbox, but it's the guy with the Xbox IN his Millennium Falcon who's the nerd.

Get it?
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

tis117.com

hey how do u keep the power button symbol on the power button from getting painted?

Quote Originally Posted by JarkMan View Post
    hey how do u keep the power button symbol on the power button from getting painted?
    I have stickers that you can put over the clear parts before you spray. I put some up on eBay for $1.99 for customizers.

tis117.com

sweet I doubt my parents will let me use there ebay account do u know a website were I can get some?

tis117.com

also what are the brand of primers and spray paints that work the best? I'm currently working on the RROD faceplate

RROD: Ronald Reagan, old dude.

I can give you one. What will you give me?

tis117.com

no lol I'm using the idea u gave me from making my skateboard with the red ring of death I'm putting the red ring of death on the concave serface around the power button and I'm gonna put the power symbol on the button its self but I gotta sacrafice the green power symbol... What spray paint would u recamend

Um, did you READ the thread? The whole thread is about that. Go look at my post on the first page. There's pics of all the primers and paints I use and all kinds of prep work hints, etc.

thanks for the tutorial. when I get paid on thursday i will be going to buy paint so i can do my faceplate. im using the white one that came with my xbox. I want more of a random colors sort of thing rather than an accustomed design,

Quote Originally Posted by LeThAl REMiX View Post
    thanks for the tutorial. when I get paid on thursday i will be going to buy paint so i can do my faceplate. im using the white one that came with my xbox. I want more of a random colors sort of thing rather than an accustomed design,

Some WalMarts are getting rid of their metallic paints for a buck a can. Worth a look.

hm so i need to find out what kind of paints to use when I do mine hand painted. Spacey or anyone, help please?? I'm in the midst of designing. And I blew my pay on food and a stupid fair downtown. oh well theres 2 weeks from now anyways.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Thanks to Enamelized420 for the awesome signature!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeThAl REMiX View Post
    hm so i need to find out what kind of paints to use when I do mine hand painted. Spacey or anyone, help please?? I'm in the midst of designing. And I blew my pay on food and a stupid fair downtown. oh well theres 2 weeks from now anyways.
    By hand painted you mean not spray can or airbrush, but with like an actual brush? I use acrylics once in a while. You might track down pavel at his website paveldolgov.com and ask what he uses for brush painting. I don't think it showed in the video but I can't remember for sure.

Just make sure you primer it with a plastic friendly primer, OR use plastic friendly paints, or you'll end up with paint the never dries and mushy plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    I have stickers that you can put over the clear parts before you spray. I put some up on eBay for $1.99 for customizers.
    do you have any of these left, please? i hate using masking tape

Quote Originally Posted by nlindenj View Post
    do you have any of these left, please? i hate using masking tape
    Yep. Look under worldwidewebbs on eBay. I'm leaving in one hour for E3 for a week though, so nothing will get sent out until I get back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    Yep. Look under worldwidewebbs on eBay. I'm leaving in one hour for E3 for a week though, so nothing will get sent out until I get back.
    have fun and if you see any of the bungie guys if you could get me something ANYTHING signed by them i will pay you kindly for it upon your return have fun and remember booth girls only want your money NOTHING ELSE

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    have fun and if you see any of the bungie guys if you could get me something ANYTHING signed by them i will pay you kindly for it upon your return have fun and remember booth girls only want your money NOTHING ELSE

That's not true. Lisa Gleave wants to have my baby.

I'll try for something from Bungie but I don't have an appointment with them.

Thread Information