Thread: Controller Disconnected-While playing

Angry Controller Disconnected-While playing

Has anyone else here on the site experienced this issue yet? I've had it happen a few times while playing online and right at a crucial point in a match the popup comes on screen that my controller was disconnected, it's still lit up but unresponsive. I pop the battery cover and pull one of the batteries and put it back in and replace the cover and hit the Xbox button and the controller then comes back on and works. I know of a couple friends that have had the same issue. In browsing the web for some answers I found this from Microsoft's website: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...er-disconnects

granted the article can be useful I found it very annoying that it lists things that could cause this issue to happen:
    Microwave ovens
    Cordless phones
    Wireless routers
    Metal dividers
    Shelving units
    Doors on an entertainment center cabinet
    The ONLY thing on this list remotely close to my X-One is my wireless router and can't move it anywhere else because that's where the connection comes into my house and where my TV and all is. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? I've read many are having the same thing happen and not able to narrow it down to a controller issue or a console issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Enamelized420-XBA View Post
    Has anyone else here on the site experienced this issue yet? I've had it happen a few times while playing online and right at a crucial point in a match the popup comes on screen that my controller was disconnected, it's still lit up but unresponsive. I pop the battery cover and pull one of the batteries and put it back in and replace the cover and hit the Xbox button and the controller then comes back on and works. I know of a couple friends that have had the same issue. In browsing the web for some answers I found this from Microsoft's website: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...er-disconnects

granted the article can be useful I found it very annoying that it lists things that could cause this issue to happen:
    Microwave ovens
    Cordless phones
    Wireless routers
    Metal dividers
    Shelving units
    Doors on an entertainment center cabinet
    The ONLY thing on this list remotely close to my X-One is my wireless router and can't move it anywhere else because that's where the connection comes into my house and where my TV and all is. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? I've read many are having the same thing happen and not able to narrow it down to a controller issue or a console issue.
    I've have this happen a couple of times, like 2. Did you update your controller?

yep yep, I sure did because I've got the turtle beach XO Four so had to update my controller. In searching the web this is wide spread for sure it seems.

I have a two friends this happens to, but I've never had it myself
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Yah the dev are mess around the new mic adopter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

Never experienced this. Have my Limefuel USB plug though next to where I play and have my controller cord plugged into it so I don't have anything coming from the console (unless it's to update controllers, etc) and after each session I just plug in and I'm good to go.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

It may seem that there are various controller revision updates. Try updating it again. Seems that they don't have a way to check, or do this automatically at this time. I'm sure it's in due time.

Thread Information