Thread: Xbox One Headsets - Your Opinions

Default Xbox One Headsets - Your Opinions

Hey All,

I am just wondering what gaming headsets (not just chat ones) you may use and why. I am thinking of putting a list together of what ones stand out, and I just want to get your input.

Personally, I rotate though a wide selection of headsets from previous reviews I have done, including Astro A50's, Turtle Beach Stealth 500X, Polk 4 Shot, and the Plantronics Rig 500HX which I just reviewed for XBA. I've put the MS Stereo Headset aside (first party) as it was good when it was released, but I moved on.

One headset I have my eyes on is the Astro a40-TR and the Mix-Amp - TR that goes with it.

Anyhow, let me know what headset you use and why you like it, and what downfalls if may even have.

Thanks ahead of time folks.

Cheers,

Outtie (aka - Kirby Y)

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

I have always had Turtle Beach headsets, and I have to say I really like the one I have now. I currently own the Ear Force XO headset. This one is not completely wireless as you have to plug it into the controller, however you don't have to worry about changing out batteries. The sound quality is amazing, both for in-game and chat. My friends don't have any problems hearing me, and say that it is very clear. What really surprised me was the quality of this headset for the price. I have had $300 Turtle Beach headsets before, and I was very reluctant to buy these as they were only $79.99. I can say for the price you can not beat these, they are the best budget headset available. Here is a link view them:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-d...rce-xo-one/553

Sent using Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

90% of the time I use my Plantronics simply for the comfort factor. I have those Titanfall ones as well but they're now my backup pair
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

I've used the Polk 4 shot, returned it after a day. Currently using the new elite 800x, but HATE the "no mic" as the sound quality suffers. I've tried calibrating through the Xbox one but no go, so may have to take them back. There are other headsets I use that I plug into for audio since I find myself mostly playing single player experiences and some multiplayer. There are so many criteria that I grade my headsets it's become almost clinical lmao.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

I had the Astro A70 that worked on both the PS3 and 360, but they broke after a few years. So this time I went the cheap route and purchased the basic MS branded one. Worked surprisingly well to be honest with you, and after 2 years, the only thing wrong with them is that the mic no longer works. The PS4 Gold headset is also a good headset, but the battery charge on it is abysmal!!
    Dave Kujan: Do you believe in him, Verbal?
    Verbal: Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him. Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Creeping Judas."

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Judas View Post
    I had the Astro A70 that worked on both the PS3 and 360, but they broke after a few years. So this time I went the cheap route and purchased the basic MS branded one. Worked surprisingly well to be honest with you, and after 2 years, the only thing wrong with them is that the mic no longer works. The PS4 Gold headset is also a good headset, but the battery charge on it is abysmal!!
    Yah the MS one was surprisingly good when they released it. And when it did hit store shelves, it was the headset and adapter, for a fair price.

Cheers,

Outtie

Thread Information