Thread: Firewatch

Default Firewatch

Any other members played this game? I had followed it for a short while before it came out on Xbox and thought it looked to be a great game with amazing reviews. I just noticed that it had come out on xbox one just a few days ago. I've played through it, it took about 4 hours, and I'm not sure where I stand on this game.

Spoilers ahead if you have not played........

I was expecting a lot more in the way of gameplay and more free area to roam considering you're in a national forest. It seems like everything is just set on a trail and there's very little room for exploration outside of the objective you're trying to completel; very boxed in. There were almost no gameplay elements other than walking around and hitting A for various actions. Later, I found out that this is more of a 'walking simulator' styled game; this makes much more sense and it has affect how I feel about the game overall. The story had drawn me in and even though I was slightly bummed about the gameplay I thought the story and mystery of it could make up for it. I was wrong. The ending was meh and I couldn't believe the twist was as simple as it was. Why was there not more thought put into this 'mystery'?! Also, not meeting Delilah and it ending so abruptly was a let down.

This game had so much potential but I thought it fell pretty short due to being such a short play through (beat it in maybe 4 hours), weak ending, and little gameplay other than simply walking. Accounting for this genre of games I guess I can see why it has such great reviews as simply a 'story telling game'. I'd like to explore the title Virginia which recently came out on the store as well. I'm still torn between loving this game and hating it.

Anyone else played it? Thoughts?
    -Mark

I'm on the fence about getting it. I've heard nothing but great things, but I'm so busy lately I know it would be awhile before I played it.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

I just heard Firewatch is coming to theaters, courtesy of Don't Breathe production company. Haven't played he game and not sure I will unless it's free.

I could see this making a great movie; it had a really GOOD story line but they could have done SO much more with this. I would not recommend purchasing it at it's current price. However, if it was around $5 or less I'd tell everyone to buy it and at least try it.
    -Mark

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

What is the current price I thought it was free lol

I paid $19.99 for it on Friday.
    -Mark

Thread Information