Max Payne 3 Missing 2011 Release?
Hey everyone, remember Max Payne 3 exists? Of course you do -- who could forget Maxs surprising, somewhat Andrew Sullivan-esque makeover. And it turns out Take-Two still remembers the game as well, even though it now looks like the oft-delayed title may not be hitting retail shelves until 2012.
As part of the strong financial results Take-Two revealed earlier this week, they also issued a release schedule of upcoming games planned for 2011 and even a couple already announced for 2012. And curiously missing from it is, yes, Max Payne 3. When asked what the status of the game was by Kotaku, a Take-Two representative only said, "Were still working hard on Max, and well have more news in the coming months."
The last time Max Payne 3 was heard of, it was delayed back in June to release some time beyond the companys 2010 fiscal year. Six months later, and theres still no indication of when itll finally be released.
As for what games are in Take-Twos schedule, the list follows below:
- L.A. Noire (Xbox 360, PS3): Spring 2011
- Top Spin 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii): Fiscal Q4 2011
- Major League Baseball 2K11 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC): Fiscal Q4 2011
- Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2011 (yes, really)
- Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
- XCOM (Xbox 360, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
•BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2012