Weekly Unreal Championship UpdatePancho has once again updated the Developers section with some new Unreal Championship info. Heres what he had to say:
· Our in-game sounds are starting to come together and that will be interesting. We will be trying our brand new procedural sound system soon!
· We have some great looking new air bikes designed by Everton, skinned by Dan. It will be loads of fun, zipping around on those things. And the other guys will have fun blowing it all up. At E3 we showed the standup version, but we changed it akin to real bikes. This looks a hell of a lot better.
· Jeff is adding all kinds of cool new tools for UnrealEd that will enhance level creation by many steps.
· Work on the HUD has started and we are planning to make it race specific. Not too elaborate, but enough to remind you what type of character you are in the game. We think it adds a cool touch to the game.
· We decided to add another new weapon (and the last one) to the Unreal Championship arsenal. It will be a true lighting gun in the sense that it snaps like lightning instead of giving out the lightning stream. It will replace the sniper rifle, but dont worry; you will still get the chance to zoom in with this baby. Many players will learn to proceed with caution when it will be used.