Moto Racer 4 Heading to Consoles in October 2016
Today, game publisher Microïds announced that it plans to release Moto Racer 4, the long-awaited return of the motorbike arcade racing series for Xbox One worldwide on October 13, 2016. The game uses Unreal Engine 4 to provide stunning graphical quality alongside a robust set of features for single and multiplayer racing modes on both road and dirt tracks.
Moto Racer 4 revives the winning formula that made the original trilogy so successful. High-speed races on powerful road bikes alternate with motocross contests on nimble dirtbikes for continuous thrills and white-knuckle rides. The arcade-inspired gameplay is intuitive yet rewards technical prowess—while ignoring the rules of fair play as players can use any tactics to hit the finish line in first place!
Moto Racer 4, which is currently being developed under the supervision of the series’ original designer, Paul Cuisset, will include no less than 15 single and multiplayer game modes. In addition to regular fixtures such as the Time Trial, Single Race and Championship, here are a few examples of what to expect:
- KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
- LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
- SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
- CATCH-UP: Opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player reach first place by a specific time.
- WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
- GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
- GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is hit by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.
These new game modes complement the previously announced features of Moto Racer 4:
- Alternating high-speed/motocross races
- Traffic on the road
- Split-screen multiplayer mode
- Online multiplayer mode (2-10 players)
- 60 frames per second
- Vehicle and rider customization
- Possibility of colliding with opponents
- Each competitor has a different personality and behavioral traits
We here at XBA hope to have more information on the game as details are released. For now check out two more screen down below:
Source: Press Release