PSA: Warzone Firefight Coming to Halo 5 June 29th.
The next expansion for Halo 5: Guardians, which is the eighth one with free content release is coming next week. Warzone Firefight – named after the eponymous new mode – is what 343 Industries is stating is the biggest expansion to Halo 5: Guardians yet and will arrive next Wednesday on June 29.
To celebrate the release of Warzone Firefight next week, the full game of Halo 5: Guardians will be available to download and play for free to all Xbox Live Gold members from June 29 to July 5 as part of Xbox Live’s “Free Play Days” program. Additionally, Halo 5: Guardians will be on sale for 50 percent off during this same time.
The Warzone Firefight content release is packed to the brim with all sorts of Halo goodness and here’s the full rundown of what’s coming in the Warzone Firefight content release:
- New Game Mode – Warzone Firefight: Warzone Firefight has been deemed the biggest content release since the launch of Halo 5: Guardians! As a result of the beta in April, 343 Industries has taken player feedback to improve the game mode for launch, such as increasing the difficulty each round and adding brand new bosses and vehicles – including the hilarious (and deadly) Grunt Goblin boss and the powerful UNSC VTOL, AV-49 Wasp, deployable as a REQ vehicle in all Warzone modes and available to use in Forge.
- New Campaign Feature – Score Attack: The Warzone Firefight content release will include a new way to play Halo 5: Guardians’ campaign – Score Attack! Campaign scoring makes a return to Halo 5: Guardians, enabling players to compete against their friends for points and medals in online co-op play or solo. Remember – in Score Attack, the points do matter so be sure to defeat enemies with style and flourish!
- New Maps – Attack on Sanctum, Prospect and Molten: Three new maps are being unveiled across multiple game modes: Attack on Sanctum, Prospect and Molten. In the Attack on Sanctum map for Warzone, revisit the Covenant homeworld of Sanghelios, or take it to the rocky roads of Prospect for Warzone Assault. For Arena players, Molten will be a hot new Arena map – be sure not to fall into the stream of lava!
- New Forge Canvas – Tidal: Since the release of a new super-charged Forge mode for Halo 5: Guardians in December, Forgers have been hard at work creating some of the most unique, creative and innovative maps ever seen in Halo. The Warzone Firefight release brings a fan-requested canvas, the ocean-themed Tidal. No longer will players have to struggle to find water to Forge on – it’s literally everywhere on Tidal!
- New REQs Items: Warzone Firefight adds several new REQ items, including the Cinder and Cyclops armor sets, Covenant vehicle and weapon variants, HCS Pro League weapon skins and additional customization sets.
We here at XBA cant wait to play this cooperative mode and look forward to hitting the battlefield next week.
Source: Xbox News Wire