Here's what's happening with Xbox at San Diego Comic Con
As noted on Microsofts Xbox News page, for the sixth consecutive year, Xbox will be bringing many different experiences to San Diego Comic-Con.
So first things first. This year Xbox will be in two locations open to fans:
San Diego Convention Center
Hall A #100
111 W Harbor Dr.
(Comic-Con badge required.)
Xbox @ NERD HQ
The New Children’s Museum
200 W Island Ave
In addition to hands-on time with the upcoming Xbox One games, including Forza Horizon 3, ReCore, and Below, Xbox @ NERD HQ will showcase a few special events that are sure to make fans happy. For more information and to register for free at NERD HQ, check out the official NERD HQ site.
Hands On: Gears of War 4 @ NERD HQ and in the Xbox Booth
- Meet the developers of Gears of War 4 from The Coalition and get hands-on with Dodgeball at Nerd HQ. Squad-up and face-off in these intense and brutal 5v5 Versus Multiplayer matches as JD, Kait, Del and a new generation of heroes – or as The Swarm, a mysterious new threat. In the Xbox Booth at the San Diego Convention Center, fans can play a brand new section of the campaign for the first time. Gears of War 4 is available on Oct. 11, for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC as an Xbox Play Anywhere title.
Hands On: Dead Rising 4 @ NERD HQ
- Making its consumer debut at San Diego ComicCon, meet the developers from Capcom Vancouver and get hands on with Dead Rising 4 on Xbox One. Players will join hero Frank West on a zombie slaying adventure through Willamette, Colorado. Dead Rising 4 is available this holiday for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. Let the Slay Ride Begin!
Hands On: Play Halo Wars 2 @ NERD HQ
- Get hands-on with the Strongholds multiplayer mode in Halo Wars 2 at NERD HQ! Strongholds is a fast-paced, timed game mode where the objective is to secure more bases than your opponent when the timer stops. Halo Wars 2 will be shipping simultaneously on Xbox One and Windows 10 on February 21, 2017 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title. Also at Nerd HQ, be sure to check out the Atriox’s Gravity Mace being built by MEGA Bloks and get a “Halo Wars 2” shirt designed by art director Jeremy Cook!
Of course, panels are a big part of the SDCC experience, and Microsoft and its 3rd party partners have you covered here too. Youll be able to check out the following panels:
Sea of Thieves: Art of Adventure – Thursday, 7/21/16, 10:30a.m. – 11:30a.m., Room: 24ABC
- Join the Sea of Thieves team for an exclusive look at the artistry behind this shared-world pirate adventure. Core members of Rare, the acclaimed developer behind hit titles like Banjo-Kazooie, Viva Piñata and Battletoads, will discuss the studio’s life-long fascination with pirates, how they’re crafting a rich fantastical world and evolving a timeless genre. Attendees will be privy to key announcements, never-before-seen artwork and exclusive insights into Rare’s most ambitious project yet.
Gears of War 4: Creators, Characters and Cast – Thursday, July 21 – 2:15pm-3:15pm – Room 6BCF
- Co-creator Rod Fergusson, the cast, and guest panelists present a behind-the-scenes look at Gears of War 4, exploring the characters, and storytelling for the new saga in the acclaimed Gears franchise. They will also have some special announcements and surprises. Moderated by Xbox’s Major Nelson.
Video Game Comics: Level Up – Thursday, July 21, 5:00p.m. – 6:00p.m., Room: 23ABC
- With Dark Horse, video game franchises found a foothold in comics. With a line of video game–related comics and deluxe art books, including the best-selling World of Warcraft Chronicle, the publisher now works with the biggest studios and brands in the business. Join Dark Horse editor Ian Tucker alongside DICE, 343 Industries, Microsoft Studios Global Publishing, Blizzard, and BioWare for news and announcements on all your favorite video game tie-ins.
Halo Wars 2: Know Your Enemy – Friday, July 22, 10:15 – 11:15 – Room 6BCF
- Join 343 Industries and guests as they reveal the process, the pain and the pleasure of bringing the long awaited sequel to life on PC and console, and the exciting future of the storied franchise. Exclusive video, discussion and surprises await. Moderator Kiki Wolfkill hosts fellow 343 Industries veterans Frank O’Connor, Dan Ayoub and Kevin Grace on the panel, along with special guests Dave Wilson of Blur Studio and Halo newcomer Erika Soto, as they discuss video games, acting and verisimilitude in the Halo universe.
Pop Culture Influence in Zombie Video Games – Saturday, July 23, 5:00p.m. – 6:00p.m., Room: 25ABC
- Guests spanning video game development and pop culture come together for a wide ranging discussion on how zombies have invaded our lives through every avenue of entertainment. From movies to TV, books to video games – especially video games! Joining the panel will be the developers of Dead Rising 4 who will unveil an exclusive new video asset from the upcoming Xbox One and Windows 10 PC game, along with pop culture experts and surprise celebrity guests.
Finally, from SDCC exclusives collectibles to book signings (emphasis added to for collectors to see), there is also a ton of additional Halo goodness around the show!
- For the Halo superfan or collector, there are three more SDCC exclusive items to pick up: an Exclusive Spartan Helioskrill Action Figure (Mattel Booth #2945), Exclusive Atriox-Inspired BOOMco Brute Spiker (Entertainment Earth Booth #2343) and exclusive Temple Banshee Replica at the Dark Horse booth.
- You can also check out the Halo Wars 2 battle diorama at the Mattel booth, plus Dark Horse will have a Temple Banshee scaled replica!
- Finally, book signings will be available both “New Blood” (Simon & Schuster booth #1128, Thursday at 11:30 – 12:30 p.m.) and “Tales from Slip Space” (Dark Horse booth #2615, Friday at 3 – 4 p.m.).
So there you have it. Xbox has a TON of stuff to see, hear, and collect. We here at XBA wont be at the big show, but thats ok, there will be a ton of coverage everywhere for you, and us, to read, watch and catch up on.
Source: Xbox News Wire