2K Reveals First Feature Set Details for WWE 2K17
2K has finally opened the book, a bit, on what fans of the yearly WWE wrestling game can look forward too. It seems like they have been listening to fan input, as well as taking their own look at how to improve and make the game more inticing for those looking to get their virtual wrestling fix. Below we have a few details of what 2K is looking to bring to fans.
The core of 2Ks latest WWE 2K17 anouncement lies in the following areas:
- Extensive Core Gameplay Experience additions and improvements;
- New Creation Suite features and additions;
- WWE Universe Mode and MyCareer updates;
- Promo Engine debut;
- Largest Playable Roster in franchise history.
With this in mind, lets take a look at what they have to say.
- With the WWE 2K franchise, 2K is striving to deliver the most authentic and realistic WWE experience possible. Fans have been asking them to truly improve the core gameplay experience since they inherited the brand, and they are taking fans requests seriously – from controls to presentation to individual features. Thet have shifted the gameplay experience focus from an arcade-centric, fighting game style to simulation-based gameplay, and WWE 2K17 continues pushing in that direction with both improved and new gameplay mechanics. In WWE 2K17, fans will, more than ever, get to control the action how and where they want, including competing in the crowd and backstage areas. The community asked for the return of playable backstage and crowd areas, so 2K has delivered on this request. 2K also greatly improved the responsiveness of gameplay while also updating game systems like Ladders, Taunts and a new secondary submission system. As always, 2K has added thousands of new animations into WWE 2K17, so there is a lot of new gameplay for everyone to discover and enjoy. These are just a few of the gameplay improvements they are delivering in WWE 2K17, all of which will provide the most authentic WWE experience to date.
- The WWE 2K17 Creation Suite enables the WWE Universe to customize, build and share their own unique WWE Superstars, Arenas, Entrances, Shows and more. For WWE 2K17, 2K added new creation features, as well as focused on deepening and providing even more options for existing creation features. For example, they added many more parts, more adjustment options and elements like body hair, all of which add to the game’s massive set of customization options. They also added a full Highlight Replay system, which allows players to record video highlights from their matches. The video content can be used in our new Create a Video feature, which lets players create videos for use in things like custom entrance Titan Tron videos for created Superstars. 2K also deepened the Create a Show feature and added a brand new Create a Victory feature to ensure everyone can create the most comprehensive WWE experience possible. Whether players build their own worlds or simply expand on existing tools, the power is in their hands.
- One of the largest and most difficult decisions made for WWE 2K17 was to forego building a 2K Showcase. 2K designed and contemplated several Showcase ideas, including options surrounding their cover Superstar, Brock Lesnar, but all of them were not viable due to the many historic WWE Superstars needed but not available for inclusion in the game. In addition, the team is heavily focused on building and delivering great content that fans can enjoy for years to come, while the Showcases only live in games from year to year. In all, 2K didn’t feel good about creating a Showcase that was not up to their standards and current development vision, so they decided to take that effort and put it into modes our community requests we keep improving: WWE Universe and MyCareer.
WWE Universe Mode
- In WWE Universe Mode, the team is working to recreate the drama and excitement seen every week on Raw, SmackDown Live and NXT. For WWE 2K17, they created a new flow that focuses on these shows. The shows are what they, and the fans, all watch each week, and now with the recent brand split, are even more important. The new Show Presentation system makes players feel like they are playing through a weekly episode of any WWE television or WWE Network program. They have also added more intrigue and possibilities by incorporating run-ins, as well as pre- and post-match attacks. Just like in WWE, we never know what might happen next.
- Even with all these new features, presentation and possibilities, 2K still felt something was missing: promos. In turn, WWE 2K17 will deliver a brand new Promo Engine that lets the WWE Superstars express their thoughts and emotions to the WWE Universe and one another. The Promo Engine creates a new dynamic and brings the experience closer to the actual WWE than ever before. That’s not all – 2K also are delivering a completely revamped offering of all Universe Mode cut scenes, including familiar and brand new scenarios. Collectively, WWE 2K17 represents the most comprehensive and authentic WWE Universe they’ve attempted thus far.
- MyCareer also gets some exciting new features for WWE 2K17. The team has incorporated the new Promo Engine, so Superstars can express themselves to the WWE Universe and also call out or respond to other WWE Superstars. Backstage interviews with Renee Young take on a whole new dimension with our new backstage brawling gameplay. Now more than ever, how a player competes, reacts, what is said and even what attire is worn can make a difference in a Superstar’s journey through the WWE. At some point, players are also likely to come face to face with Brock Lesnar and his advocate, Paul Heyman. What happens when confronted by this imposing duo will greatly shape a player’s future career growth in WWE.
So there you have it, a quick sneak peek at what some of what the upcoming game holds in terms of its feature set. 2K states that they will be releasing more details as the game gets closer to release.
Source: Press Release/WWE 2K17 Website