Overwatch Announces its 2-Year Anniversary Plans
Blizzard and the Overwatch team have announced how they plan celebrate the game’s two-year anniversary, and it seems that they plan to get the fans involved quite a bit. From May 22 through June 12 there wil be quite a bit to take in, and you are about to find out what it is.
Overwatch Anniversary will bring in a host of new content, including more than 50 fresh cosmetic items and the newest Deathmatch map, Petra. Additionally, the event will bring back all seasonal cosmetic items, as well as some past seasonal brawls.
Here is the list of everything you might want to know about:
- The Anniversary event will include more than 50 new items, including eight Legendary skins and three epic skins
- New dance emotes have been added for Doomfist, Moira, and Brigitte
YOUR FAVORITES ARE BACK
- The Anniversary event will bring back previous seasonal cosmetic items, including your favorite dance emotes from last year’s celebration
- Past seasonal brawls are returning to the Arcade and will be rotated daily, including those found in Overwatch: Archives
- The Anniversary event will introduce the brand-new Deathmatch map, Petra
- In addition to Petra, Deathmatch will include a new Competitive Mode, which will feature placement matches, skill rating tiers, and leaderboards
- Players who log in for the Anniversary event will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box, which will guarantee one Legendary item
- Players who purchase the 50 Loot Box Bundle will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box
- All previous seasonal event loot will be included in loot boxes for the duration of the event
- Overwatch and the Anniversary event will be playable during our Free Weekend, which will run from May 25 through May 29
- A new version of Overwatch, Legendary Edition, will be released digitally on May 22
- Legendary Edition will include sets of Legendary, Epic, and Origin skins for a total of 15 skins with purchase
So there you have it folks. If youre a fan of Overwatch, or still looking to get into it, the 2nd Anniversary might just be your time.
Source: Press Release