Neverwinter "Ravenloft" Now Available on the Xbox One
Perfect World Entertainment has announced that its new DLC Neverwinter: Ravenloft is now available on Xbox One. Fans will step into a gothic horror setting all new to Neverwinter on console in the 14th module for the free-to-play MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms (and beyond). This update brings gameplay features unique to the Ravenloft setting including a meaningful day-to-night cycle, Tarokka Card collections, an Endgame Dungeon in Castle Ravenloft and much more.
On behalf of Lord Neverember himself, Neverwinter’s bravest are called to investigate a group of Vistani wanderers outside Protector’s Enclave. Assisting them leads to Madam Eva, a fortune-teller who divines a connection between adventurers and the cursed land of Barovia. As intruders in the dominion of the dreaded vampire lord, Count Strahd von Zarovich, players must navigate the darkest corners of an all-new campaign for console. Ravenloft offers new zones to explore, classic D&D scenarios to experience, and a challenging showdown with Strahd deep within the walls of Castle Ravenloft. Features of the latest module include:
- Barovia Adventure Zone – From the Vistani Camp surrounded by a dense forest to the Ruins of Berez, Ravenloft’s setting is a stark change of scenery from the bright and lively Protector’s Enclave. The gothic horror theme plays a huge role in this new module.
- Castle Ravenloft Endgame Dungeon – The infamous lair of Strahd von Zarovich makes its Neverwinter debut and provides an endgame challenge for the most daring and powerful adventurers in (or out of) the Realms. Challenge the lord of the land for impressive rewards.
- Meaningful Day-to-Night Cycle – Fear the night! The time of day in Barovia determines which creatures, objects and NPCs will inhabit Barovia at any given time, as well as how ferocious the monsters of the land will be.
- New Heroic Encounter & Monster Hunts – At the edge of Strahd’s domain rests the fabled Yester Hill where Druids worship the vampire lord. Party up to tackle this new heroic encounter, then learn how Ravenloft redefines the “monster” in the Monster Hunt activity where players can modify difficulty with unique hands of Tarokka Cards to earn unique rewards.
- Ravenloft Campaign – Barovia is cursed and adventurers have been summoned to free its denizens. In Neverwinter’s latest campaign, players will explore the darkest corners of Barovia to get the upper hand on Strahd and his vast army of evil. Completing the campaign unlocks a unique set of boons to aid in endgame content and future adventures.
- Tarokka Card System – Like the devious playing cards that summon players to the domain of dread, overcoming the many obstacles within Ravenloft unlocks unique cards. Wager these cards in Monster Hunts or collect the whole set and turn them in to Madam Eva for a special reward.
- Additional Features - Several quality of life improvements such as Astral Diamond refinement changes, Refinement Point event bonuses, level scaling adjustments and much more.
So, there you have it Neverwinter fans, more DLC is a good thing, and we hope you enjoy what they have to offer.
Source: Press Release/YouTube