Warframe Fortuna: The Profit-Taker Hitting Xbox One Today
Hey Tenno, if you play on console, particularly the Xbox One, then this announcement of new Fortuna content hitting the game will definitley be of some interest.
Last fall Fortuna launched on all platforms, including the Xbox One, but this winter brings more, and it all starts today. Digital Extremes is said to have woven fresh new missions, deeper lore, and giant robotic spiders into a dangerous web of cooperative online action with the new Fortuna: The Profit-Taker, and its all free.
In summing up the narrative, it is said that the greedy profiteer Nef Anyos grip on the Orb Vallis must be loosened and that means confronting one of Fortunas biggest enemies, the mechanical spider-boss, the Profit-Taker. Players will engage in new missions to acquire the Archwings biggest guns for Warframes on-foot to crush the Profit-Taker with a show of cooperative, strategic force. Earn and equip the new Warframe, Baruuk, and engage in a mix of pacifism and savagery to wipe out Corpus armies; discover new animal species to tranq, trap, save the Orb Vallis cutest new denizens, and collect dozens of new items including weapons, customizations, and enhancements in the new Warframe update.
Digital Extremes has posted some of the updates highlights, and they are as follows:
- Bring the Big Guns: Only serious firepower can crush the Profit-Taker. Earn the Archguns -- previously only available to equip in space -- to equip your Warframe while on foot and ascend to a whole new level of ballistic power.
- Earn Baruuk, The New Warframe: A pacifist by nature, the 38th Warframes calm manner erupts when pushed to the edge.
- Elude: Dodge all incoming projectiles, but only while not attacking. Edge closer to the brink with each projectile dodge.
- Lull: A calming wave slows enemies until they fall into a slumber. Enemies woken by damage will be confused and disoriented.
- Subdue: Summon a bevy of orbiting daggers to seek out enemy guns, destroying them with a small explosion. Combine with Untouchable to double the range.
- Serene Storm: With his Restraint eroded, Baruuk commands the Desert Wind to deliver powerful radial strikes with his fists and feet. Each moment commanding the storm restores his Restraint.
- Conserve Animals, Earn Floofs: The Business and his conservation team have three new Echo-Lures on offer. Use them to save three new species in the Vallis before the Corpus get to them first. New Floofs and a Conservation Badge await your efforts.
- Ugrade, Enhance, and Mod: Visit the character Little Duck in Fortuna to access new Operator Amps and Arcanes, while picking up weapons and customizations (such as hairstyles and Ventkid Cosmetics) in the marketplace. And collect a whole new set of weapons, mods, and customizations to keep up with the Corpus expanded arsenal (including new shotguns, whips, revolvers, shields, Syandana, alt helms, and more).
So, there you have it Tenno, new content, new missions, and new gear of all sorts to collect.
Source: Press Release/YouTube