Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn Now Available
The saga known as Final Fantasy XV eaches its conclusion as the final chapter of downloadable content (DLC), “Episode Ardyn,” was released today. Set 35 years before the events of Final Fantasy XV, players will uncover a brand new storyline from the perspective of the villainous Ardyn Lucis Caelum, and learn what drove the scorned savior to seek revenge against the line of Lucis.
Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn features the following:
- Several new options and gameplay mechanics to explore, including the ability to control Ardyn himself
- Exhilarating, action-packed battles where players can utilize powerful new attack moves and skills unique to Ardyn, including the “Rising Phantom” and “Dark Tornado”
- The ability to warp to high platforms or across nearby buildings by way of “Phantasmal Leap”
- Though a foe of Noctis, the summonable Ifrit is now an ally of Ardyn and may dispatch enemies with powerful fire magic
- A photography mode allowing players to capture the captivating city of Insomnia
- A “Hat Shop” offering a plethora of hats for players to purchase, which also appear in cutscenes
- Rewards upon completion of the episode, including the new “Ardyn’s Ensemble” outfit and “Mutant Rakshasa Blade” for Noctis
But wait, there is even more news, as Squre Enix has also released new content for Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades, including the new bonus quest “Feathered Foe - Kenny Crow,” in which players can enjoy a battle against a new boss, Kenny Crow. An extremely tough opponent, Kenny has the ability to backflip, shoot beams from his eyes, and spray bullets at players. Players who survive this difficult battle will be rewarded with an all-new end credits sequence taken over by Kenny Crow himself. Players can also unlock two new outfits, the male “Warriors Armor” outfit and the female “Street Attire” outfit, at an INGEM system in exchange for item tokens.
As a celebration of the final piece of content for Final Fantasy XV, the collaboration quest “A Gift From the Gods” will re-open in Assassin’s Creed Origins. Players are able to claim the Ultima Blade, Ziedrich and a mount named Kweh as rewards for completing the quest. The Assassin’s Creed-style “Master Assassin’s Robes” is also available again in Final Fantasy XV.
Source: Press Release/YouTube