Pre-Orders for Munchkin: Quacked Quest Now Available
We know that there are many video game players out there who love their dungeon crawlers, and with that in mind, we have some news that will definitely interest you.
Asmodee Digital, a dev-team who make video games inspired by board games, has recently announced that pre-orders for Munchkin: Quacked Quest, the digital adaptation of Munchkin, are now available on various platforms, including the Xbox One.
Munchkin is a fairly populat card game designed by Steve Jackson and winner of the 2001 Origins Award for Best Traditional Card Game. It has now been reimagined and coming to a console near you as a chaotic chase through ever-changing dungeons.
Here are some official details of what Munchkin: Quacked Quest is as a video game:
- Genre: dungeon crawler/party-game
- Number of players: single, up to four players (local multiplayer)
- Gameplay: Cooperate with your friends now, betray them later!
- Play solo or with up to four players in couch mode and adventure through deadly dungeons where enemies lurk. Be careful, sometimes the most dangerous enemy is sitting right next to you…
- Be the fastest, the most cunning, or the most ruthless at overcoming the challenges in each dungeon: capture ducks, slay monsters, defeat bosses, while throwing your friends and/or foes into pits and smashing furniture… everything you wish you could have done at your cousin’s wedding.
- Choose from four races (Orc, Elf, Dwarf and Human) and four classes (Warrior, Thief, Cleric and Wizard): become a fashionable Orc Priest, a grumpy Dwarf Wizard, or any one of the 16 combinations. Each pairing gives you different abilities to use to your own advantage.
- Discover more than 20 weapons for hitting, cutting, shooting, hugging, burning, smashing or knocking down more than 15 different enemies. (Or friends. Just in case, you know, they get in your way.) And if you want to hit harder, run faster, or be even more annoying to the other players, there are nine high-powered items to choose from.
- Each round you’ll face randomly generated dungeons with unique objectives for infinite replay value. You will never need to purchase another game. Ever. #MarketingDPTApproves
- Customize your experience: choose player mode and game duration and let the backstabbing, loot-grabbing, slaying and betraying commence!
Fans who dive into Munchkin: Quacked Quest will no doubt re-discover the parody, puns, and humor from the hit card game Munchkin, updated for a digital world. The mix between accessible, yet rich, gameplay and a leveling race is said to offer intense & skill-based brawling action. Gather gold, throw your foes (and friends) into sacrifice pits, collect ducks, eliminate the monsters—from the Potted Plant and the Drooling Slime to the mighty Plutonium Dragon—and reach the highest level to win the game.
You can call us here at XBA as pretty darn interested in this game.
Source: Press Release/YouTube