TDK Mediactive Ships AquamanTDK Mediactive Ships Aquaman:Battle for Atlantis for the Nintendo GameCube and Xbox; Straight from the Pages of DC Comics, the King of the Seven Seas Fights to Save Atlantis WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.-- July 30, 2003--TDK Mediactive, Inc. a global publisher of entertainment software, announced today that Aquaman:Battle for Atlantis has shipped for the Nintendo GameCube(TM) video game system and the Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft to retail outlets throughout North America. The game marks the first solo appearance by one of the founding members of the Justice League of America, and follows Aquamans long anticipated return as a monthly comic series. "Were proud to be bringing Aquaman, one of DC Comics greatest super heroes, to next generation gaming platforms," said Michael Devine, executive vice president, sales and marketing, TDK Mediactive. "With the recent resurgence in popularity for classic super heroes, its the perfect time to introduce a game that focuses on one of the greatest champions from the oceans depths." Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis is a single player action/adventure set in a vast ocean world that has been invaded by an army of Aquamans greatest foes from the pages of his comic book past. The game features 21 undersea levels, as Aquaman defends the deep-sea city of Atlantis against his most infamous arch-enemies Ocean Master, Black Manta and the Lava Lord of the Fire Trolls. Other game features include:
- Fight 13 enemy types in bruising three-dimensional underwater battles.
- 5 submarine attack levels let you bombard your enemies in from an attack subs first person viewpoint.
- Control Aquamans cybernetic morphing hook-hand and telepathic powers.
- Hunt scores of enemies through the legendary city of Atlantis
- Unlock and play as Classic Aquaman, Tempest, or as the arch villain, Black Manta.