Link 2004 Hits RetailIt’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! With this year’s golf season drawing close to completion for most of the world, golf fans will be relieved that tee times are still available on some of the most beautiful courses. Microsoft Game Studios has announced today that “Links 2004,” the best-selling PC golf franchise, will now tee-off exclusively on Xboxâ as the first golf title in the XSN™ Sports portfolio. Featuring top golfers Sergio Garcia, Mike Weir and Annika Sorenstam, “Links 2004” is set to hit store shelves on November 13th. “Links 2004” delivers one of the most realistic and competitive golf experiences available for Xbox. As part of the XSN Sports brand, “Links 2004” offers gamers the ability to create and compete in their own online golf tournaments via Xbox Live™ while keeping track of hard-earned stats on their own virtual sports page, the centralized website XSNsports.com. Golf fans only have one short week to hone their skills in “Links 2004” against challengers both online and off as all XSN Sports’ features and functionality will officially become available to golf gamers on November 18. Utilizing revolutionary new Web-based technology exclusive to XSN Sports titles, players can enjoy friendly rounds online with old golf buddies or intensely competitive tournaments with some of the best players in the world via Xbox Live. Tournaments will be organized through the centralized Web site, XSNsports.com, which will also provide stats and scouting capabilities. Some of the exciting features include:
- Play like the pros. “Links 2004” makes players feel like real pros as they compete in tournaments broadcast in remarkably realistic TV-style presentation featuring commentary from golf analyst Ken Venturi.
- XSN Sports. All XSN Sports games bring the power of the Xbox and the PC together for the first time through XSNsports.com, so gamers are always plugged into the competition. Golf fans can set up their own “Links 2004” tours and tournaments to battle their closest friends, settle the score with bitter rivals or challenge the best the online world has to offer. Over ten modes of play let you decide how to compete: match play, stroke, skins, best-ball, and other team-based games built for multiplayer and Xbox Live competition.
- Championship courses. Eight stunning, immersive golf courses including real international courses like St Andrews, Loch Lomond, Superstition Mountain, Grey Wolf, Four Seasons Resort Aviara, Mauna Lani, New South Wales, Oakmont and an additional fantasy course come alive to make golf fans feel like they’re really there.
- Detailed golf environments. Hitting the sweet spot for a 300-yard drive, and rolling in a 20-foot putt for a birdie—all while enjoying the dew-covered fairways and crosscut greens is all in a day’s work with “Links 2004.” The top courses from around the world come to life with animated water, ocean surf, 3-D trees, divots and galleries of golf fans that react to your shots. The lifelike courses also feature sun-cast shadows that change depending on the time of day and golf course wildlife, such as birds, ducks, squirrels, and gophers.
- Control over each and every shot. The Real-Time Swing feature gives gamers complete control over every shot. Advanced players have the opportunity to draw, fade, punch, chip, or flop to win a hole. The left thumbstick acts as the club, with ball physics factoring in speed, tempo, direction, and course conditions in real time.
- Live the Career of a Tour Champion.
- The Challenge: Gamers must start a career with virtually nothing but desire, some talent, and average equipment.
- The Players: Video golfers can build their own character with unique physical characteristics, skills, apparel, and personality.
- The Tools: Earning sponsorships and branded equipment from TaylorMade, Callaway, Cleveland Golf and more give gamers the tools they’ll need to master the links.
- The Stage: Golf fans can challenge some of golf’s best players including Sergio Garcia, Annika Sorenstam, Mike Weir, and Jesper Parnevik and win coveted championships on the way to becoming the world’s #1 player.
- More Content to Come. New downloadable courses and XSN Sports sponsored prize tournaments mean there will always be new holes to master, new opponents to challenge and cool stuff to win.