Spy Hunter 2 Has Gone GoldMidway Games Inc., a leading software industry publisher and developer, announced today that SpyHunter 2, the high-speed, mission-based, action/combat racing game is has gone gold and will to ship to stores on November 24, 2003 for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system and on December 3, 2003 for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft. SpyHunter 2 is a powerful progression in the mission to save the world from the sinister grip of the global criminal terrorist group, Nostra. SpyHunter 2 features an all-new, extremely powerful and customizable G-8155 Interceptor with new vehicle transformations such as an off-road 4-wheel drive vehicle, a jet ski and a snow mobile. In addition, the gameplay includes upgradable offensive and defensive weaponry, as players fend off enemy vehicles throughout massive levels set across enormous regions. A new mysterious, sexy female agent has also been added to the mix to increase the intensity of SpyHunter 2s fast-paced action. SpyHunter 2 introduces an all-new terrorist threat and it is up to Alec Sects to command the worlds most sophisticated super spy vehicle to save the world. Exclusive weaponry such as an auto-tracking turret and an indestructible armored shield are combined with landmines and oil slicks for an impressive defense that will immerse gamers in 16 action-packed levels set across four gigantic regions from Russia, New Orleans, The Swiss Alps and Southeast Asia. Each region is interactive and dynamic, allowing players to choose their own paths and fight against giant end-of-mission bosses, including eight all-new Nostra/Phoenix enemies. SpyHunter 2 Key Features:
- The worlds most powerful counterintelligence combat vehicle, the completely redesigned G-8155 Interceptor, complete with new advanced weaponry and equipment and new vehicle transformations including the sleek snowmobile and four-wheel drive off-road vehicle.
- An advanced, customizable weapons system for the G-8155 Interceptor that controls auto-tracking turrets, a prototype cloaking device and an indestructible armored shield.
- More than 15 heart-pounding missions set in exotic locales, ranging from the jungles of Southeast Asia to the highlands of the Swiss Alps. All-new Weapons Van, Weapons Boat and IES "Hawk" VTOL Dropship to support mission against NOSTRA.
- All-new Turret Gun gameplay action that takes you out of the drivers seat and into the gunners scope!
- Giant boss battles pit players against classic enemies, such as the Switchblade and Enforcer, as well as all-new villains such as the Wasp, Road Baron, and the Airborne Gunship!
- A compelling story of global intrigue and international espionage -- players must uncover NOSTRAs sinister plans for world domination and discover the secrets of a mysterious female agent.
- Leonie 2.0, the latest version of the Interceptors online computer, designed to provide mission-critical information and tactical advice during missions.
- All-new 360-degree radar map to help indicate where the opponents are relative to you and the environment, which enhances the ongoing action taking place around you.
- Three multiplayer modes for up to two players including Spy Race, Spy Hunt and Spy Challenge.
- Exclusive SpyHunter 2 theme track, "Dark Carnival," composed and performed by Vanessa Carlton.