Havok Teams up with XboxHavok and Xbox will now be working with each other to provide the most realistic physics for the Xbox! Heres a little description of what the Havok physics can do for the Xbox..
Havok is a system for creating real time physical environments in 3D games. Havok consists of:
- MAX Havok, a 3D studio MAX plug-in which supports designers in developing physical content for games. The game designer uses Havok plug-in technology directly within their 3D modeler to create dynamic components of the game environment and can fully test these components using the MAX Havok interactive dynamics pre-viewer.
- Havok Game Programmers Interface (GPI), a collection of dynamics libraries and supporting documentation for managing real time physical animation.
Havok Product Design
- Optimized for PlayStation2 and Pentium III.
- Middleware interoperability, interfaces for NDL NetImmerse, Criterion Renderware, Motion Factory Motivate Character Animation, Aureal 3D, force feedback devices from Logitech plus many more.
- OpenGL / DirectX debug rendering API for testing.
- Open Architecture.
With this latest break through, it should add more realism to the Xbox, and give it the feel that weve all wanted from a great video game.
If you'd like to read more about this new development in realistic physics check out their site by clicking here.