Slayaway Camp: Butchers Cut Out Next Week on Xbox One
Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut, said to be the meatiest version of the most murderific puzzle game ever made, will be causing carnage on consoles next week. The serial-killing, block-shaped brain-strainer launches 23rd October for Xbox One.
Slayaway Camp is the debut title from developer Blue Wizard Digital, the indie studio formed by PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka. Between them, the Blue Wizard team has previously worked on such awesome titles as Bejeweled, Peggle, Cosmochoria, and Cardinal Quest.
In addition to that impressive roll-call, Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut features the incredible voice-over talents of Mark Meer, better known to gamers as Mass Effect’s Commander Shepard, and Derek Mears, who plays legendary killer Jason Voorhees in the 2009 reboot of Friday the 13th
Key features of this "Butcher’s Cut" are as follows:
- Includes the base game and the following additional content: Deluxe Edition, My Gory Valentine, HellCamp, Monthly Murderers Series 1 & 2, Supernatural Forces, and Santa’s Slay
- 300+ Fiendish puzzle levels to massacre your way through
- 60+ Killers to cause comical carnage with, including deranged wackos such as Mutant Hillbilly, Kevin, and the killer inter-dimensional clown: THAT
- 90+ Gorepacks with delightfully OTT kill scenes to shock and entertain
- Starring Mark Meer (Cdr. Shepard from Mass Effect) as Skullface and Derek Mears (Jason from Friday the 13th) as Jessica
- Genuine hair-metal soundtrack by legendary Canadian group GNÜ TRUNTION
- Created by Jason Kapalka (Peggle, Bejewelled), Nate Schmold & Jessi Ross (Cosmochoria) and Ido Yehieli (Cardinal Quest)
- Slayaway Camp was recently selected as an overall winner at the annual Google Play Indie Games Festival
- Achievements added for Xbox One
- Localized in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian
This game looks original to say the least, and we think that it might just find a fanbase on consoles.
Source: Press Release