Halo GoodnessThis weeks Halo update has occurred with Matt Soell once again taking the helm giving the gaming community a glimpse into the development process as well as offering gameplay goodness that is just plain fun. This weeks update comes to us from fansite Battleground: Halo.
- Lots of tiny bug fixes and modifications. Vehicles no longer roll forever, guys whove been killed on the jeep no longer float in mid-air, that sort of thing.Be sure to head over and check out the rest of the updates.
- Some levels have been re-imported for speed and visibility improvements.
- The Pelican and the Covenant dropship are working in-game, and now have ground effects (i.e. when taking off they displace lots of dust, etc.)
- Much work has been done to make the game faster in general. Our framerates have improved considerably, a change in the bitmap storage format allows the hardware to access that data more quickly, and thanks to some Bernie Magic were now able to dump many more people on-screen.
- Bernie is also working on energy shaders for a plasma effect (already in the game and looking very good, though Bernie says theyll look much better in the end), another pass on the volumetric shader and a brand-new shader for the HUD.