E3 2008: Flock! Announced for XBLACapcom has today confirmed that Flock! for Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network and PC will be released this Holiday. The download-only game is in development at Proper Games, a studio comprised of team members who have previously worked on such titles as Lemmings, Crackdown and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.
You take control of a UFO and must herd animals to your alien mothership. Essentially a puzzle game, each level will require gamers to mange the quirkiness of the animals and solve a number of environmental physics-based puzzles. As well as solo play, Flock! will support two-player co-op play and a level creator for customised levels.
• Over 50 levels of pastoral puzzle challenges.
• Explore levels to find secret collectables and upgrades
• Level Editor allows players to make their own "plushie" and puzzle-filled levels and share them with their friends online.
• Two-player online and local co-op mode makes the "flocking" exponentially fun.
• Compelling environments complemented by a whimsical art style, beautiful lighting and distinctive textures make this one of the most graphically-advanced downloadable titles to date.
• Real-world physics engine creates all new types of puzzles: pick up wooden planks to form bridges, move items to create obstructions, crush wheat into pathways.
Flock! will be released this Holiday on XBLA, PSN and PC priced 800 Microsoft Points / $9.99 PSN.