This week on Arcade
Duke hits Arcade this Wednesday for 800 points. To quote Duke: ‘Who wants some?’
Duke Nukem, the politically incorrect action hero and ultimate alien ass kicker, defends Earth and its babes from alien invasion in Duke Nukem 3D. This is the award winning game that helped define the FPS genre, introducing unparalleled interactivity, and a main character that spoke. Take the fight to the aliens across 39 levels featuring Hollywood, Los Angeles, a moon base, and alien spacecraft. Innovative items like the Jetpack, HoloDuke, Shrink Ray, or Pipe Bombs allow you to fight the aliens in any style you want. Defeat the aliens, so Duke can get back to some R&R with a stogie, a warm belly, and a bottle of Jack.
- Eight-player cooperative and DukeMatch multiplayer: Play ranked matches in one-on-one or free-for-all for leaderboard spots. A playlist of levels keeps the game fresh, with levels rotating on and off the list. Play co-op with your friends, earning single player achievements or completing the game entirely. Its your choice how to play. By reserving private slots you can play with your friends or with strangers in any combination. Invite away.
- User clips: Every time you play a game, a user clip is recorded. View the clips any time in your theater or share with friends who own the game. Upload the clips to leaderboard spots if you complete a level in the fastest time, or if you have the highest score. Use these clips for tips on how to complete a level at speed.
- Painless death: Review your play from the start of the level right up until your death, and jump back in at any point. Go back 10 seconds or 10 minutes, the choice is up to you. You can still save and load your game at any point if you prefer.
- Gallery: Unlock achievements and Duke Nukem 3D concept art. Visit the Gallery at any time, view never before seen art, and learn more about the game.
- Xbox 360 enhancements: The inimitable Duke Nukem returns in updated and improved form on Xbox 360®. The game now features controller vibration, bilinear filtering, motion blur, Xbox LIVE® Vision camera support for DukeMatch, multiplayer, and more.