Fable II tops October sales in US
The Lionhead title sold 790,000 units across the month, compared with Wii Fit in second which sold 487,000 and the Xbox 360 edition of Fallout 3 in third on 375,000.
Mario Kart Wii and Wii Play were fourth and fifth respectively, with the 360 edition of Saints Row 2 in sixth.
SOCOM: Confrontation and LittleBigPlanet took seventh and eighth while NBA 2K9 and Dead Space rounded out the top then.
In all videogame software accounted took USD 696.8 million over the course of the month, up from USD 514.6 million in October last year and bringing the year to-date videogame revenues up to USD 6.76 billion.
"Console software sales realized the greatest percentage gain year-over-year of any category," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier. "The expanding variety of content available for consumers to play is clearly paying off for the industry.
"Looking at the top ten games for the month, half are M rated games while the other half are E rated games and they span disparate genres. There is something for everyone on this list."
The full top ten breakdown is as follows:
* 1. Fable II (360): 790,000
* 2. Wii Fit (Wii): 487,000
* 3. Fallout 3 (360): 375,000
* 4. Mario Kart Wii (Wii): 290,000
* 5. Wii Play (Wii): 282,000
* 6. Saints Row 2 (360): 270,000
* 7. SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3): 231,000
* 8. LittleBigPlanet (PS3): 215,000
* 9. NBA 2K9 (360): 202,000
* 10. Dead Space (360): 193,000