Xbox 360 tops Japanese home console sales
The Square Enix title for the Xbox 360 displaced last weeks top seller, Mario & Luigi RPG 3 for the DS, pushing it into second place.
PlayStation Portable title Idolmaster Sp took three consecutive places with its iterations Perfect Sun, Missing Moon and Wandering Star at third, fourth and fifth place respectively.
Shining Force Feather on the DS also debuted during the week, taking sixth place, followed by Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) at number seven and, another debut title, Sacred Blaze on the PSP at eight.
Meanwhile, Street Fighter IV for the PS3 slipped from second place to ninth, and Demons Souls, also for the PS3, came in tenth.
The region saw the Nintendo DS platform dominates sales at 51,814 units, breaking down into 41,839 DSi sales and 9,975 DS Lite sales, while Sonys PSP followed behind at 29,552 units.
Microsofts Xbox 360 led the home console sales with 25,334 units, beating out the Wii at 16,973 units and PS3 at 16,149 units, as well as the PlayStation 2 which lagged behind at 5029 units.
Japanese software chart follows:
- 01. Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (360)
- 02. Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (DS)
- 03. Idolmaster SP: Perfect Sun (PSP)
- 04. Idolmaster SP: Missing Moon (PSP)
- 05. Idolmaster SP: Wandering Star (PSP)
- 06. Shining Force Feather (DS)
- 07. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) (PSP)
- 08. Sacred Blaze (PS2)
- 09. Street Fighter IV (PS3)
- 10. Demons Souls (PS3)