Turtle Beach upgrades Xbox 360 headset
"We listened to suggestions from Xbox gamers who own our
second generation wireless headset, the Ear Force X4, and
decided to take the X41 to a whole new level by improving
nearly every aspect of the original design," explained
Turtle Beach spokesperson Peter Ronick. "The X41 includes
a dedicated Digital Signal Processor for creating an
accurate 360 degree sound field with the latest Dolby
Headphone HRTF algorithms. It provides an unprecedented
sense of immersion thats further enhanced by CD-quality,
uncompressed, digital RF wireless technology."
According to Ronick, the Ear Force X41 is compatible with
other gaming consoles (minus the integrated microphone)
and can also be used as a home-theater accessory.
Additional X41 enhancements include:
* Digital 2.4 GHz RF wireless technology - facilitates
low-latency, uncompressed, CD-quality sound without
background hiss and interference.
* Dolby Pro Logic IIx - 7.1 channel surround sound.
* Battery booster circuit - extends battery life up
to 25 hours.
* Headphone jack and volume control for an additional
* Powered by a USB port on the XBOX or PC/Mac.
The high-end X41 headset will be available in September
2009 for $200.