PDA

View Full Version : Launch Line-up: Wish-List?

JonX
12-31-2000, 10:25 AM
Hey guys.. this forum has been a little...slow lately, so here's my stab at kickstarting it...

If you were in charge of selecting games to launch with Xbox, what would you pick? We've heard before they're thinking of 15-30 titles...

What would make a great line-up (either by naming titles or genre types, etc..)?

Ben
12-31-2000, 12:12 PM
Anything with racing.. I've seen the tech demos of the racing games, and the realism looks awesome.. :) Personally that and some sci-fi games would be great! Not really sure if they're doing much sci-fi games for the Xbox right off.. anyone heard differently? :)

JonX
12-31-2000, 01:58 PM
Sci-fi? They might have that covered... check this out...

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/features/pc/bestof_2000/p3_11.html

JonX
12-31-2000, 02:07 PM
More on Sci-fi...

From an interview with Lawrence Holland of Totally Games:

"Later in the year, our original Xbox title that we are partnering with Microsoft on should make its own debut. It will play to Totally Games' strength of creating experiences with great flying action and many wonderful fantasy elements. That?s I can say for now. :)"

Considering these guys have made the Xwing games... "great flying action" could be pretty nice.. :)

link:
http://www.stomped.com/published/jcal977930929_1_1.html

Underdog
01-02-2001, 01:18 AM
I love a great action game. I can't wait to wrap my hands around a controller and play Halo. :)

Tom
01-02-2001, 09:09 PM
to the action/adventure line ups. I really find those satisfying on a console, more so than the standard 3D shoot 'em up. I also can't wait to see some of those sweet sci-fi oriented titles. :) I'm a trek nut, so I'm hoping to see what kind of license's spring up on the Xbox.

KevinM
01-03-2001, 06:57 AM
Anything racing related gets my attention. Im kind of worried about 3D shooters on consoles, mainly the lack of keyboard and mouse as without those I think they're damn near impossible to play with thumbs. Halo looks to be a great title although I am more interested in the multiplayer aspect of it...hopefully that title will keep us at Clan Getsome pretty busy on the weekend lan parties! :)

Munch looks to be a totally sweet game... I've been scoffed at by a few peeps for playing the first two while they're playing massive rounds of Counter strike.. but hey I enjoy the characters too much...the sligs are the bomb!

Some sports games would be nice.. Football really isn't my gig (more into the motor aspect of things) but Madden 2001 on the PS2 looks great and I'm sure would make a wonderful addition to the XBOX lineup.

Whatever the lineup titles are that are slated for the XBOX release, I am sure that at least 80% will be buyers. I was lucky enough to pick up a PS2 at launch and I have to say that without the 3 titles of SSX, Madden 2001, and Tekken Tag, the launch lineup would have been a complete turd!! I'm sure that Microsoft is closely and carefully picking which titles are to be delivered at launch and hopefully we will see a great pile of games to choose from.

Kamshaft
01-09-2001, 09:16 PM
As much as I want some form of Motocross Madness to be on XBox at launch....I love Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive 2 on my Dreamcast. So...of course I want to see good fighting games! I WANT TO BE BRUCE LEE!

Also, I really enjoy Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast, so an Xbox version would rock!

Sham365
01-11-2001, 10:27 AM
...give me a Madden at release and I'm set.

Armacham
01-18-2001, 08:20 PM
I'm really hoping for a kickass RPG, by Square or any other company for that matter. I want a survival horror game(Silent Hill X) I'd like to see Halo at launch as well as MGSX, Mechwarrior X, Crimson Skies, Tony Hawk, Sacrifice, and Star Wars: Galaxies. I'm not really into sports games (except hockey, and I'm not canadian!) Also any racing game, maybe something like wipeout or a F1 game

equalgamer
02-04-2001, 02:24 PM
give me oddworld: munchies odysse and halo and i will be happy

spremo1415
02-04-2001, 02:51 PM
IF i get tony hawk,oddworld and halo noone will see me for months ,that would be sweet if x-box supported dc games then no one would see me for years lol ,i cant wait for x-box to come out

KevinM
02-06-2001, 05:05 AM
Any massive multiplayer games would be my choice! Halo of course looks to be the only one at this time, but i'm sure more will be on the table soon. I have yet to see a good racing title be announced for XBOX? Of course there's e-racer and F1, but I want something down and dirty. Hell with the road, I wanna hit the dirt and catch some air! Where's my Motocross Madness 3?!?!?!?!? Although I already know that answer, I had to say it. ;p My other hopes are for a (if it's even possible) rendition of SSX! Game of the Year baby!!

Malice looks good, Munch is going to be my first purchase *wink* *wink* and Breed has a good feel to it as well. I don't know... it seems that titles like Tony Hawk 2x shouldn't be on the launch list.. I mean it's basically a port with a few enhancements. I want to see a new game engine.. better animation... totally new courses!

Kamshaft
02-06-2001, 06:34 PM
I'll have to agree with Kevin on this one....I WANT MY MOTOCROSS MADNESS 3, ALSO!

Never mind the road! Give us dirt, mud, water! Even if it's not dirt bike! A truck (Not monster truck madness!) maybe, four wheeler, or a baja truck, anything that rides the dirt!

WWF
04-12-2001, 02:46 AM
im gonna get wwf raw is war first. i want halo, thps2x, malice, munch, kakuto-x, i want them all!