PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, and don't screw this post Up.

Sony Rules
11-02-2000, 07:05 PM
I need your alls opinions, on why you like X-box the best, and DON'T SCREW UP MY POST AND say PS2 sucks JUST GIVE YOUR OPINION on why you like whatever system the best.

I like PS2 best because of its gameplay, games and PSX was the best out of the old consoles, so I believe PS2 will keep the title.

------------------
PS2 is the best
Sega is 2nd
what are the other 2?

Tom
11-02-2000, 07:36 PM
I agree..there's nothing wrong with a decent discussion. But..I'll try and give you my opinons on the console gaming market we see around us today.

As far as hardware specs go, well...of course the Xbox is bigger, but we have to remember the difference in time between the releases. So, that's not really an issue. (At least in my book that is.) Besides, you can go back and look at the difference between sony (ps1) games at the launch and towards the end of the systems 'glory' days and see how they were able to squeeze better and better graphics out of the hardware they had to work with. (I hope that makes sense.) So, in the end...it dosen't boil down to just the hardware.

Software developer support. Sony has an impressive line up, but I see more such an impressive line up developing or to be developing for the Xbox. The life blood of any gaming console is the games that come out for it. After seeing some of the big names in the computer gaming software world pop up as developers for the Xbox, my interest was peaked immediatly. Being a big time pc gamer, and being familar with the work of some of the developers for the Xbox (via playing their previous titles on pc) I feel they will bring the console gaming world to the next level I think it needs to achieve. So, I'd have to say I think the Xbox is going to dominate the market with the hottest developers around.

I've had the opportunity to play the PS2, and found it to be a nice solid system. I must say I wasn't overly impressed with the first series launch titles, so can't say that the titles out now speak for the quality of titles later on. Having had the opportunity to watch the "whizzbang" of the Saturn, PS1, and N64 launch (managed a Babbage's software store for a number of years) I can definitly say that the launch of a system means quite a bit in today's market. Sony dropped the ball on the launch with the lack of system availiblity, but it's hard to say how that will effect them in the end. Right now their main competition is with Sega and the Dreamcast, which in itself is also a very solid gaming system.

So, I really think it's going to come down to the developers on the issue of "who's the best." And, with the ease of development that's being designed into the Xbox, I think they are going to have a definite advantage there. I can't comment much on the GameCube, I really haven't seen enough information on the plans for the system to make a personal judgement on their efforts. But, your right on the money about the original PS being the winner of the original console wars. That's the mold everyone is so eager to break.

Sony Rules
11-02-2000, 08:18 PM
I have too agree with you in every aspect. I am hesitationg on getting X-Box until I see what it is like, What game are out for it ect.
I did the same thing w/ the original PSX I didn't get that till 2 years after it came out, because it was a Newbie system and i wanted to wait to make sure it was worth buying. When i heard that sales sky rocketed i had to buy the system, so that is how I pick which system is good or bad.

Another reason i am waiting is because we are talking about MS here, and every time new hard/sofware comes out t always has bugs so i am waiting for those to be worked out.

------------------
PS2 is the best
Sega is 2nd
what are the other 2?

wyst
11-02-2000, 09:52 PM
<font color=lime> Not much to add to the second post, however I think the fact that at a YEAR out it has already created more buzz, signed on More developers than Sony did at this time.. As a matter of fact as it stands at this very moment the Xbox has MORE developers signed up than a system that is already out namely the ps2 which has 141 developers on board btw.

In addtion, I owuld point out that if you do own a PS2, where is the leap we were promised? I see nothing that fantasic on the system so far. I am sure in the following year that will ofcourse improve, but this is not what we were lead to believe.

Games: Well, at this point in time I don't think anyone could argue that if it's all about the games then it should be all about the Dreamcast. No other system ever has produced so many Triple AAA titles this soon in it's lifespan. It's a shame that system does not seem to get the respect and support it deserves.

So basically, I think it comes down to this.. You have $$$$ buy them all and go home happy. If like me you have other responsibilites, and can only afford 2 at most, along with an expensive PC habit, then I should dare say with the games available for the DC now and for the coming year, and the promise of what is to come from the Xbox... Surely... 11 months is a waitable ( new word) amount of time to see what shapes up.</font>

<font color=lime><SPAN style="position:relative;
width:85; height:100; filter:glow(Color=blue,strenght=#1)">About 319 Days Till Xbox</SPAN></font>

------------------
I never use signatures

Sony Rules
11-02-2000, 10:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wyst:
<font color=lime>

In addtion, I owuld point out that if you do own a PS2, where is the leap we were promised? I see nothing that fantasic on the system so far. I am sure in the following year that will ofcourse improve, but this is not what we were lead to believe.

</font>

<font color=lime><SPAN style="position:relative;
width:85; height:100; filter:glow(Color=blue,strenght=#1)">About 319 Days Till Xbox</SPAN></font>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Don't own one YET, because The shortage, but i get itthis month. I have the money for 3 Systems (Now since DC Price dropped) I am getting PS2, DC, and Maybe X-Box. I sure as hell ain't getting no damn Game Cube.

------------------
PS2 is the best
Sega is 2nd
what are the other 2?

wyst
11-02-2000, 11:57 PM
<font color=green> Then youare one of the lucky ones who has buko expendable income.

For me though, two systems and a kick arse PC is enough for me.. and the next system HAS to be the Xbox.</font>

------------------
I never use signatures

]EviL[
11-03-2000, 02:34 AM
thx for not bashing dude. xbox is betting because of it's 3dcard and it will have really fun games like Halo Black&white and max payne stuff like that oh ya and MechWarrior4 and it is the most powerfull console being made for sure just look at the specs msot sonys fans i have talked to go for the name sony and not that consoles specs i have looked them up sony has lied about there specs it can enver do 75 mil polygons/sec games right nwo are running around 5 mill polygon/sec and havn't gone over yet and all the ps2 games that sony said that are comming to the ps2 are comming out 1 year after ps2 launch so when xbox hits the stores it will have all the best ps2 games but xbox will have alot better detail in there games and it will run faster and more addons then the ps2 ver just telling you i am not trying to bash ps2.

Samwise
11-03-2000, 04:14 AM
I agree with Tom.

But Sony never said PS2 could do 75 mill polys/sec with all effects on. That number is not an indication of the performance in a real game. IMO the PS2 can do about 20 mill polys with all effects. The number will probably be a little lower considering AI and psyhics etc.

But on a sidenote MS is doing the same thing. First people were told that Xbox could do 150 mill polys/sec. Then it's suddenly 150 mill vertices per sec.

I'm not bashing Xbox, because it'll still be more powerful than PS2, no doubt about it. But it's also comming out about 1.5 years after PS2, so I would be very disappointed if it wasn't more powerful. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif

I think the Xbox performance in a real game would be 30-50 mill polys/sec - which is still fantastic. But the initial numbers are hyped up I'm affraid. I'll still get one though, because it will damn powerful anyway. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif

]EviL[
11-03-2000, 02:00 PM
if i where u i wouldn't get a ps2 but that's just me ps2 is relying on 3rd party support and 3rd party support is when all the games goto other console and that's what psx1 did i already said this to u if u are a mgs fan u will have to wait for mgs2 for one year and same with ff maybe more then a year for ff same with silent hill but all tho's good games are comming to xbox because they are 3rd party support i dont know if mgsx will be at launch for xbox but i heard rumors that it will and so will odd world and Halo and alot of others xbox is going fo atleast 25 games at launch so u have alot of games to choose from. have u try'd the ps2 i got myself a dc i was playing my dc instead of a ps2 but i dont know if u will like ps2 or not but if u get a dc and ps2 u will see a big diffrents. i dont know if u know this but dc has 8vram and ps2 has 4 vram.

Sony Rules
11-03-2000, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ]EviL[:
thx for not bashing dude. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate Bashers, I hang out at a Playstation2 forum and we get bashers there. I Hate bashing and bashers, I just wanted everybody to know i like Sony best. But hey in the near future my opinion could change.

------------------
PS2 is the best
Sega is 2nd
what are the other 2?

]EviL[
11-04-2000, 02:34 AM
that's good =). no offense but i have bin to the ps2 boards befor i have seen 21 post about how much xbox and gamecube sux and that was just the first part i looked up second it was the same thing so i just got out of there and never went back but so far u are the only ps2 fan that i talked to that doesn't bash =). i want to get myself all the systems but since i have a dreamcast i will wait untill ps2 is really cheap but right now i am waiting for Xbox! and Gamecube i will get a ps2 when i start to see games that i like on it and that are not comming to other systems. have fun with your ps2 dude

Samwise
11-04-2000, 05:53 AM
Xbox uses third party support as much as PS2. Having that said, I think there will be many great games out for both systems - also many of which are exclusive for each system.

I look forward to playing these exclusive games on my PS2: Gran Turismo 3, Twisted Metal: Black, Wipeout: Fusion, The Bouncer, ZOE etc. I just love the PSX/PS2 style games, so I'll definatly buy a PS2. But I'm certainly not blind for other consoles as well, so I'll also get the Xbox (because it'll be so powerful and it also has great 3rd party support). http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif

Sony Rules
11-04-2000, 11:15 AM
THX I am definetly going to Have Fun with PS2, I don't have A DC yet I am getting that next Spring. I am going to get X-Box I just am not reserving, because like all Consoles the first have the bugs.

Oh yeah there is some X-Box Bashing at PS2 forums but, Theres way more Nintendo bashing http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

As for GameCube I don't want that cause just seeing the release games, it looks as though it will take the same turn as N64 for the little kids. But hey they may sharpen up then I will do everything i can to save money to buy GC.

------------------
PS2 is the best
Sega is 2nd
what are the other 2?

MasterGoon
11-06-2000, 10:09 PM
One problem I see with the X-Box, is the fact that it is so much like a computer. An emulator could easily be made.

Tom
11-06-2000, 10:18 PM
True enough. But..as we have seen with all the other consoles...making emulators dosen't ever seem to be a problem. In the end, all console systems are nothing more than mini computers...especially with today's technology and the hardware dominating the market. Most of the hardware designed for consoles in the last couple of years has it's roots in the pc hardware realm. But, I really think that this makes a better console in the end.

Sony Rules
11-06-2000, 11:23 PM
Have you Seen the Pics of it. If the pics i have seen were true, then, It looks like a PC.

------------------
PS2 is the best
Sega is 2nd
what are the other 2?

]EviL[
11-07-2000, 12:21 AM
dreamcast and ps2 is like a pc sony and sega has said this them selfs who cares if xbox is like a pc in some way it is like the pc the only thing that is like the pc is the hardrive and the directx and mouse and keyboard, becuase pc games own every one knows this all the best action and strategy and rpgs come from the pc and consoles are good for sports and racing pc and some rpgs.

[This message has been edited by ]EviL[ (edited November 07, 2000).]

Tom
11-07-2000, 08:43 AM
Ah..Sony Rules..I know what you mean now. Those pics you are talking about are the development xbox platforms for the companies designing the game software. (Kinda looks like pc mini-tower). That's not the design for the home console unit. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/wink.gif

Sony Rules
11-07-2000, 06:04 PM
Ok Good that worried me for a sec. Thanks for clearing that up.

------------------
PS2 is the best
Sega is 2nd
what are the other 2?

Oddgirl
11-16-2000, 10:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sony Rules:
I Hate bashing and bashers...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Sony Rules and Tom. This thread is so level-headed and informative...it beats mindless bashing by a mile.

They who throw punches have run out of things to say. -Unknown

They who trade obscenities have run out of *intelligent* things to say. -Oddgirl

Underdog
11-16-2000, 12:06 PM
Oddgirl, you are so wise young grasshopper! http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif

John
11-16-2000, 12:38 PM
Mindless posts and bashing come with a board's popularity, as we've seen with Msxbox. How is this board going to prevent it? The problem is only going to increase with people's awareness of the console, and desire to get away from the more popular boards. Sure, this is a great site now, but that's only because we have a few people posting.

Know what I mean?

Underdog
11-16-2000, 02:13 PM
Hopefully with all of the moderators that we have at this site, we can control most of the mindless posts and bashing of consoles.

All the moderators here have jobs and work at different times of the day. Like Kevin and myself we both work at night so that means during the day we can keep an eye on the boards. So when night comes the other guys Tom, Ben, Stephen and Jeff can watch the boards. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif

Oddgirl
11-16-2000, 02:50 PM
Chris...domo arigato, kind sensai. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif

I definitely know what you mean, John. As XBoxAddict (inevitably) gets more popular, I'll try to remember that the best way to handle bashers is to ignore them.

Sony Rules
11-16-2000, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oddgirl:
Chris...domo arigato, kind sensai. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif

I definitely know what you mean, John. As XBoxAddict (inevitably) gets more popular, I'll try to remember that the best way to handle bashers is to ignore them.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must agreew/ you. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Nintendo GC was made by Losers.

Underdog
11-16-2000, 09:59 PM
LOL and your welcome Oddgirl ! http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/smile.gif