PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 To Be Released In Late October!?!

skorp
02-11-2005, 06:54 PM
*Update*
Source (http://news.designtechnica.com/article6551.html)

Although we have been reporting that the Xbox 2 will be out this year in time for Christmas, new details put the actual launch towards late October or early November.

"While internet news sources today have reported that Microsoft is readying to launch its next generation Xbox hardware in America and Europe in the fourth quarter of this year, Eurogamer has learnt that the specific timing for the machine's roll-out is late October or early November, and merely weeks after the US launch. The exact date is yet to be solidified.

Speaking under conditions of strict anonymity, senior American and British development, publishing and retail sources have confirmed the launch window in the past weeks."

October - December..... I'll be ready! :cool:

MerimacHamwich
02-11-2005, 08:56 PM
I won't be buying... on launch.

m4oH
02-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Im not gonna have the money by then.:cry: Oh well, Ill be on SC:CT for like 12 years.

Ninjermy
02-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Bah, not gonna happen in my opinion. Stuff like this is always late. Always. I bet u all it wont come out until 2006.

Variation-XBA
02-11-2005, 11:43 PM
I'll still get one regardless day 1

Yankeez
02-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Halo 2 was supposed to come out in Nov 2003 :)

crippledspaz
02-12-2005, 12:35 AM
i'm with hamwich..... not buying on launch. I also heard that games for xbox2 will be retailing for around $150 each in Australia.. FUKK that.

vman
02-12-2005, 12:48 AM
im gonna wait till they slash that price

MerimacHamwich
02-12-2005, 01:23 AM
i'm with hamwich..... not buying on launch. I also heard that games for xbox2 will be retailing for around $150 each in Australia.. FUKK that.
Wow, that is living room robbery. How is that even justifiable? Crazy.

Reclaimer
02-12-2005, 03:00 AM
That's fine and dandy. I want to see some friggin games first. Show me a good and compelling line up for launch and tell me how XBL is going to work on the new Xbox, and maybe I'll take the plunge on launch day.

SamSmith
02-12-2005, 04:25 AM
im with ya jermy, i dont think this thing is going to come out till at least 2006... id say it will be released very close to the release of ps3 and n5

AlphaRaptor
02-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Sheesh, all the stuff im gonna have to get late this year...PSP...computer upgrades...now possibly Xbox 2. I better start saving some money, i guess heh.

Verewolf
02-12-2005, 07:35 PM

That's $122.55 U.S. Dollars.

I really don't think games will go that high.
If they do I can't afford that and I'll just play the older games
on the older consoles.

Microsoft loves all these rumors good bad or indifferent.
Keeps them in the spotlight.

WillyV2
02-12-2005, 08:16 PM
I can't see it being out this year, maybe early next year...

I won't get one on day one anyway because they usually have bugs and such

LynxFX
02-12-2005, 08:26 PM
We are pretty much beyond the point of whether or not the next Xbox will come out this year. Unless some unforseen problem comes about during mass manufacturing or quality control, it will be here by Christmas if not sooner.

The enormous price tag on the games was a joke. $50 (US) per game is the sweet spot and it won't change for sometime.

rpgreligion
02-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Any idea what the price on the console will be yet?

mrmp3
02-12-2005, 09:04 PM
The enormous price tag on the games was a joke. $50 (US) per game is the sweet spot and it won't change for sometime.

I highly doubt it'll stay at $50. I see it going up at least $10. Hell, I remember when Goldeneye came out, that was like $75 and Street Fighter Champion edition was ridiculous, $80-$90.

Though that is ridiculous, some people actually pay that amount of money for games. Though it's not that popular,the Neo-Geo people buy Metal Slug, King of Fighters/Fatal Fury games all the time and they go bout $100-$150 a pop per game. Still, for mainstream, that seems ridiculous. Where'd you hear that anywayz?

Flood
02-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Sony won't be launching before x-mas, so Microsoft wants the edge this time around

wbio
02-12-2005, 09:54 PM
I highly doubt it'll stay at $50. I see it going up at least $10. Hell, I remember when Goldeneye came out, that was like $75 and Street Fighter Champion edition was ridiculous, $80-$90.
I doubt the game prices will go up, $50 seems to be working good and with Xbox 2 coming out before all of the other consoles, it would definetly look expensive because all of the other non X2 games would still be $50. And as for Goldeneye and other N64 games, those were all different prices, some would be $70, others would be $30, I don't see that happening again anytime soon because consistency in price is definetly important.

ShannonX
02-12-2005, 11:18 PM
nintendo games were always expensive because they were cartridge based. Cost alot more to produce than optical based.

mattgame
02-12-2005, 11:30 PM
That's a lot of work to do between now and Dec or Oct. When will they start advertising for it? Shouldn't we have some bonafide release titles being advertised too? These are all rumors and it's going on March. Next year Christmas time.

crippledspaz
02-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Still, for mainstream, that seems ridiculous. Where'd you hear that anywayz?

not sure where mr-music-file! might have been on teamxbox.com anyway even $100 per game is a joke. and they wonder why we have such a huge pirating problem. if these games developers were'nt so freak'n greedy. YES... fair enough, games DO cost money to develop, but firstly, alot of games are coming out kinda crap, sure they look flash, but the game play doesn't cut it. secondly, if the game isn't selling usually after 12 months they slash the price sometimes up to 50-80% off. so why not charge low from the start! BECAUSE...... GREED!