PDA

View Full Version : May 16th = Xbox 360 to finally be revealed

Casper
04-06-2005, 10:02 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/05/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

Microsoft has the most riding on this year's show. On Monday, two days before E3 officially begins, the company will finally take the wraps off of its next generation Xbox (which will almost certainly be named Xbox 360). Microsoft hopes the new machine will help it unseat Sony from its long-held industry leader position, which won't be an easy feat.

While there are still plenty of mysteries surrounding Xbox 360, a few details have leaked out. All games will be optimized for high definition televisions. All will have some online functionality. And the graphics engine will be more powerful than anything on the market today.

A hard drive is still a possibility. And Microsoft (Research) is working hard to make the machine backward compatible with current Xbox games, though that hasn't been easy due to a change in hardware vendors.

Things like price and launch date have been kept under wraps. Expect those to come right before the show.

Sammael
04-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Can't come soon enough.

TheCovenant
04-06-2005, 11:07 AM
my stomach exploded from anticipation.

Seriously...

i need a doctor or something....

Snowblind
04-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Isn't that like the day the new Star Wars movie comes out?

Coincidence? :watchout:

Variation-XBA
04-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Thought SW was on the friday?

I'm interested in seeing it and the price/date.

MixMasta
04-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Good, because I need to start saving for this. Hopefully no more than $500 will get me the system, 2 launch games, and two controllers.

iloveRPGs
04-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I pretty sure that SW comes out on 05/05/05

StudioAlex
04-07-2005, 04:41 PM
I hope they show us a video of some ugly "tough grrl" fighting a stupid cyborg.

FB-Gollum
04-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I heard that "Pong 2005" and "Pac-Man Universe" will be two of the major launch titles. Hot ball-bouncing pill popping action!

MasterChief21
04-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Isn't that like the day the new Star Wars movie comes out?

Coincidence? :watchout:

sw is MAy 19th.

Actually i dont feel all that excited. It is gonna be al ot of money i am guessing so i will wait for it to lower and stuff.

Luigis_Angel930
04-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm excited to see what it will be and everything but I too will likely wait because I won't have that much money when it does launch. :(

mattgame
04-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm excited to see but from what I've read it looks like Sony is going all out on their next gen system. I'm more than a little nervous.

thrAsher
04-08-2005, 10:41 PM
I won't make any decisions on my next console until all three have been revealed, including games and cost of their online components. I'm am seriously excited to see what Nintendo is going to do w/ their 'Revolution', and will most likely purchase one readily, as I've had numerous great single player experiences on the machine and it will be backwards compatible. I can only imagine what games like Pikmin will be like on their next machine, in regards to multiplayer online.

Variation-XBA
04-09-2005, 02:19 AM
I won't make any decisions on my next console until all three have been revealed, including games and cost of their online components. I'm am seriously excited to see what Nintendo is going to do w/ their 'Revolution', and will most likely purchase one readily, as I've had numerous great single player experiences on the machine and it will be backwards compatible. I can only imagine what games like Pikmin will be like on their next machine, in regards to multiplayer online.
Just imagine... a Zelda MMO....free..... one day....