PDA

View Full Version : First ever official Next Gen Madden screen shot, game commercial *merged*

Sammael
04-18-2005, 12:48 PM
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1136/1113845374.jpg

Electronic Artswill premier the world’s first look at the next generation of videogames on Saturday April 23, 2005. EA’s flagship football franchise, Madden NFL football, will make its next generation debut in a TV ad during the first hour of the NFL Draft broadcast on ESPN, beginning at 12 noon ET. EA is deep in development on what will be the strongest next generation console line up in the videogame industry, highlighted by other hit franchise titles to be announced at a later date.

Well I guess everyone will be glued to their TV for the draft.

Sammael
04-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Wrong forum, can a mod move this to the 360 forum?

SamSmith
04-18-2005, 04:10 PM
its the same type of shot that ea released to show off next gen console power...
EA are lucky that they have graphics to hide their flaws...

this pic doesnt look as good as the other, i think its zoomed up a bit much... but nice find :)

Whisper
04-18-2005, 04:16 PM
im not interested in non-in-game shots

FB-Gollum
04-18-2005, 06:39 PM
It's EA, who cares. They're the worst company out there.

CharlieHustle
04-18-2005, 08:05 PM
First, thats an old pic. Second, like everyone said, if its not an in game shot, it has no cred. Third, i would be very, very, VERY suprised if EA, tiburon, whoever change their player models, since they didnt listen to anyone in the last five years.

Sammael
04-18-2005, 08:21 PM
First, thats an old pic. Second, like everyone said, if its not an in game shot, it has no cred. Third, i would be very, very, VERY suprised if EA, tiburon, whoever change their player models, since they didnt listen to anyone in the last five years.

Actual it is a BRAND new shot, just released today from the official Madden Next Gen website. Thanks next come again.

http://www.easports.com/games/madden06/nextgen.jsp

Also the previous image that was a released was a CG render of what EA saud next gen games "could" look like. This is an actual screen shot taken from the game.

AlphaRaptor
04-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Wow nice....if you look closely you can see the polies on the nose and helmet. Looks pretty impressive though.

*Note: You are looking at the graphics, although look really good, that will not be changed until the next, next gen systems.

Variation-XBA
04-18-2005, 11:13 PM
That screen isn't INgame, that's CG, don't let EA fool you :P

StudioAlex
04-19-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm not impressed. Just imagine it without the snow effect (or is that sweat, ewwwwwe...) It seems pretty bland to me. But then again it's the dude's face, which isn't what you'll see most when playing the game.

vman
04-19-2005, 12:52 AM
regardless, the screen looks impressive. i sure do hope that with the merger they will create an oober nice game. come on guys, lets be a little optimistic here.

AlphaRaptor
04-19-2005, 07:07 AM
That screen isn't INgame, that's CG, don't let EA fool you :P
I know when Im looking at CG.

mattgame
04-19-2005, 09:00 AM
So will that be out this year because I saw some in game shots of Madden for this year and they look nothing like that.

Casper
04-19-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't count that as in-game at all. Show me the QB dropping back to pass the ball, or the RB running up the hole, not some rendered crap.

AlphaRaptor
04-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Another has been released:

http://images.ea.com/sports/games/06/madden/nextgen/day2.jpg

carlbme
04-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Another that looks more like CG than an in game shot. WooHoo!!!

Wolf
04-19-2005, 08:35 PM
So will that be out this year because I saw some in game shots of Madden for this year and they look nothing like that.

I think those were for ps2.

Sammael
04-21-2005, 05:44 AM
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1136/1114031394.jpg

Sammael
04-21-2005, 07:35 AM
http://images.ea.com/sports/games/06/madden/nextgen/ngday4.jpg

bbchs_trash
04-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Why is it that half of you refer to these as CG-rendered shots? What is the difference between these and the '06 shots being shown for PS2 & Xbox? Both contain the same stuff... none of them show any actual gameplay shots... only different replay angles to really emphasize the level of detail they have put on the characters.

All of you need to accept the fact that this is the only football game you will have from now on... and stop complaining. There is nothing wrong with an EA game... until you look for things to hate.

StudioAlex
04-21-2005, 01:36 PM
There is nothing wrong with an EA game... until you look for things to hate.So it's because of our character faults that some of us favor visual concepts line of games. It has nothing to do with EA's games because they're perfect. I see the truth now. :rolleyes:

bbchs_trash
04-21-2005, 10:22 PM
So it's because of our character faults that some of us favor visual concepts line of games. It has nothing to do with EA's games because they're perfect. I see the truth now. :rolleyes:

Out of my whole post... the only line that really grabbed you was the one commenting on EA game being alright until you look try and hate them?

Okay.

Just because you tend to favor the 2k series doesn't mean that there isn't still good to be found in EA games. The thing I hate most is when every single person that comes into a thread has to bash EA for this and that reason. It's tiresome to read the same complaints... and to be honest... it gets old.

Didn't any of your parents ever tell you, that if you don't have anything nice to say... then don't say anything at all?

Figures not...

Variation-XBA
04-22-2005, 02:39 AM
It's tiresome to read the same complaints... and to be honest... it gets old.

Didn't any of your parents ever tell you, that if you don't have anything nice to say... then don't say anything at all?

Figures not...

Have you checked the halo2 forums here in the past 2 weeks...I know how you feel.

AlphaRaptor
04-22-2005, 08:01 AM
http://images.ea.com/sports/games/06/madden/nextgen/day5screener.jpg

I was starting the doubt that these were actually in game screenshots, but after this fifth screenshot I'm leaning the other way again. In this screenshot you can see how the coach isn't as high poly as the player because he is just acting as a detail overall. If this was all a render, why would the coach consist of less polygons? You may be thinking, "The devs were just a little lazyer...." Na, in fact it takes less time to make a high poly model in a video game today than a low poly model.

Sammael
04-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Actually according to GS and IGN, these screens and whatever is gonna be shown on Saturday are not in-game.

StudioAlex
04-22-2005, 10:10 AM

Figures not...Nah, they taught me to speak down to people in a condescending manner. Looks like you learned that lesson as well.

CharlieHustle
04-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Actual it is a BRAND new shot, just released today from the official Madden Next Gen website. Thanks next come again.

http://www.easports.com/games/madden06/nextgen.jsp

Also the previous image that was a released was a CG render of what EA saud next gen games "could" look like. This is an actual screen shot taken from the game.

Actually i saw that shot months ago so, i dont care if you finally saw it first. There was either a thread about the first two pics either at this site, or at teamxbox.com. Two of the three, and i mean months ago. Because we were debating whether it was cg or in game. And we all know that ea rarely changes the models of their players in the football game. But i did see those pics a while ago.

CharlieHustle
04-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Kinda think about it, ea was showing what the next generation consoles graphics could do. Thats when i saw the first two shots. And we were like i seriously doubt it if ea puts that much time making them in game graphics.

AlphaRaptor
04-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Just because the players are more high poly, it doesn't mean they take longer to make.

Im a member of a HL2 mod team, and a matter a fact, what takes the longest in making the charactors is actually making the high ploy versions low poly. So in a sense, it takes them a shorter amount of time to make high poly models (Players).

Sammael
04-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Dude I know what screenshot you're talking about. It was a shot of Strahan talking what looked like McNabb. Actually he was laying on top of him pushing him down. That was it. That was the only shot released. Well they released a shot of a car possibly for a new NFS. But none of those recently released Madden shots have EVER been seen before. Unless you have some inside connection to EA that is.

CharlieHustle
04-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, maybe i do. But i know for sure that i saw two shots. Personally im not too impressed, yet. The snow makes the shots look that much better. But i want to see it in motion like everyone else. Even then, im still not sold..

Sammael
04-22-2005, 07:43 PM
According to IGN what we will see tomorrow is just a glimpse of what the game can do, and according to EA the games graphics have far outdone these graphics.

mattgame
04-22-2005, 07:54 PM
We shall see then won't we? I just don't think so.

Sammael
04-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Dont know if anyone else caught it but it looked pretty damn cool to me.

ShaDovV RyDer
04-24-2005, 08:42 AM
http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/606/606601/vids_1.html

This is a link to the Madden Next-Gen commercial aired during the 2005 NFL Draft. I really don't care what you guys say about EA anymore because just by the look of this commercial and some of the screenshots that they have given us so far, I know that the EA crap games are gone. Ya I was TOed that they bought the NFL lisence and ya I was upset about them also getting the ESPN thingy but lets face it, THIS GAME LOOKS NICE!!!

mattgame
04-24-2005, 11:38 AM
The animations were a little stiff in the commercial I saw. It reminded me of when 2k1 came out on dreamcast. It was pretty but the movements looked wrong.

Xer0Mercy
04-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah, it looks pretty sweet. I'm a pretty big Madden fan. Let us await Madden/EA haters. :p

Here's the thing - that whole video is CG. No gameplay whatsoever. BUT, some folks at EA said that next-gen Madden will look even better than what the video looked like. I guess we'll see.

Variation-XBA
04-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Saw that, and again, I will wait to see ingame before making any judgements.

vman
04-24-2005, 01:40 PM
yeah thats the thing about videos like this. its like getting a burger at Mickey D's. its looks nothing like the picture.

question: Are they really considering calling this game "Madden NFL Next Gen"?

MixMasta
04-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Those graphics remind me of mixing Half Life 2 style with Doom 3. It's like they weren't sure which style to go with. Personally, I love the grungyness of Half Life 2 versus the bumpmapped galore of Doom 3. All next gen games should lean more towards what Valve did because Half Life 2 graphically is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. It looked a lot better than this EA next gen IMO.

Highlite23
04-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Anyone notice the words "Artists Interpretation" next to Teaser??? :watchout: I'll wait and see.

Xer0Mercy
04-24-2005, 04:32 PM
question: Are they really considering calling this game "Madden NFL Next Gen"?
No. Madden 2006 is being released for PS2, which isn't next gen. They're implying that hey, graphics are going to look this good on next gen consoles. Don't expect it to be this good on the PS2.

vman
04-24-2005, 08:01 PM
No. Madden 2006 is being released for PS2, which isn't next gen. They're implying that hey, graphics are going to look this good on next gen consoles. Don't expect it to be this good on the PS2.
k, thanx 4 the clarification, bro.