PDA

View Full Version : So what do you guys think about the MTV special?

mattgame
05-12-2005, 09:30 PM
I think it was too short and I didn't catch the release date. Did any of you?

Other than that, everything was already revealed except to see the games in motion made me want to have sex with my wife. And that is amazing in itself. :D

SilverOak
05-12-2005, 09:43 PM
I missed it. Did they discuss prices in more detail?

mattgame
05-12-2005, 09:58 PM
If they did I missed it. They mostly discussed specs and games. The games were awe-inspiring to say the least.

Kraft
05-12-2005, 10:46 PM
It was a good appetite wetter for E3. You can't expect them to blow their nut a week before they are supposed to show it off. Glad to see stuff confirmed and set in stone now. Still anxiously awaiting word on the DVR capabilities and more specifics on Xbox Live.

LynxFX
05-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Worst...reveal...ever. They should have just waited until E3.

Kraft
05-12-2005, 11:35 PM
It was a marketing ploy, pure and simple. Now the entire MTV crowd, most who are casual gamers, know of the 360 and have seen video clips. E3 is where the real info will still be at.

Whisper
05-13-2005, 12:38 AM
overblown, overhyped, just plain over.

vman
05-13-2005, 01:02 AM
i was utterly diappointed. not about the console itself or the games or the controller, but about the reveal. it pumped me up so much then just ended. i was expecting it to end around 11pm. wow, it really didnt show anything that i REALLY wanted to see. i think MS is still trying to keep a lot secret until a more specific and more publicized revelation at E3.

l Maximus l
05-13-2005, 01:28 AM
I actually missed it. I would love to see some of the new visuals that it has. Any linkies?!

StudioAlex
05-13-2005, 02:51 AM
Good, doesn't sound like I missed anything. I was actually gigging tonight and was kind of bummed I'd miss it. Somewhat dissapointed they didn't bust out something draw jopping like announcing the next XBOX would ship with B.C. or something of that nature.

LynxFX
05-13-2005, 03:25 AM
If you missed the MTV video, you missed absolutely nothing! Go download the ourcolony video to get a real taste for what X2 is all about.

CharlieHustle
05-13-2005, 07:44 AM
well, i saw it, it was pretty good to me, besides the damn bands and crap. But that got downgraded when i looked on teamxbox site and they finally released everything they know about the 360. You guys must understand that we are not considered the "casual" gamers. We are gonna get the 360 regardless we are the hardcores. They were advertising to the younger demographic. They dont care for the specs, processors, or basically "the guts" of the system. They just want to know whether its popular(i guess mtv still has the power to decide whats popular still) and how the games look.
Now if this peice was on g4tech tv, then we would have gotten everything we want to know about the 360. But us "nerds" know more about the 360 than what mtv showed the world anyways. And we know where to get the info of the 360 on the internet.

Sammael
05-13-2005, 07:59 AM
The Our Colony video gave more in 5mins then MTV did in 30.

Stormlord
05-13-2005, 10:00 AM
The thing that really excited me as Perfect Dark Zero. 60+ player multiplayer sounds awesome to me.

J3bus WTF
05-13-2005, 10:09 AM
If you missed the MTV video, you missed absolutely nothing! Go download the ourcolony video to get a real taste for what X2 is all about.
LINK?!!

Sammael
05-13-2005, 10:20 AM
50 players on PD0 not 60+

MXracer721
05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
50 players on PD0 not 60+
is that online or just lan?

m4oH
05-13-2005, 02:19 PM
is that online or just lan?
??Isn't lan thru a router or direct connect? I don't think that would work thru lan. My guess is just on XBL. Oh yeah, I missed it, sounds like I didn't miss anything important.

TheCovenant
05-13-2005, 03:49 PM
60+ MP games!? LINK!?

mattgame
05-13-2005, 05:13 PM
I actually missed it. I would love to see some of the new visuals that it has. Any linkies?!

Go to MTV.COM and look at the trailers. Especially the one for Condemned. Oh my God!!!

Sleazy P Martini
05-13-2005, 05:35 PM
The show was pure rubbish. Not even worth the bandwith I used downloading. F*ck MTV.

The 360 however......mmmmmmmmm

mattgame
05-13-2005, 05:36 PM
I know the show could have been better, but I just wanted to see the machine! I also wanted a release date but oh well.

MixMasta
05-13-2005, 06:34 PM
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8243/Xbox-360-OurColony-Video/

I agree, the Our Colony video was a lot better. But hopefully the 360 will sell more now that the MTV crowd is aware of it.

SamSmith
05-13-2005, 06:50 PM
MS know what they are doing... and xbox will be a great hit.
but in a way i was slightly disapointed with the show, the ourcolony vid was much better.

i was prety dissapointed that the whole show was prety much music... barely a glimpse of the console, and no mention of games... but i have to hand it to MS for the marketing of this product.

the best vid is the one on ourcolony, the LA mtv xbox party was just a music show.
but hey, im so excited for this thing!

AlphaRaptor
05-13-2005, 09:49 PM
To the point...

Xbox 360: Holy....WOW

MTV: Sux

Kraft
05-14-2005, 12:39 AM
People, the mtv show wasn't made for you, it was made for people who enjoy gaming but aren't as hardcore in gaming as we are. Seriously, how many of you watch MTV religiously? Microsoft is doing something they never did when they launched the first Xbox: marketing.

We all knew pretty much everything that was going to be shown because all the stuff was leaked. But what about people who don't scour the net looking for this stuff? That was all new to them, there was good music, pretty lights and celebs... all that they needed to peddle a new generation gaming system on that demographic.

E3 has been, is and always will be the forum to which they cater to us. Just like all of the E3s since 96 or whenever they started, we will learn what we want to know. All I can say is if MS puts as much thought into their Japanese advertising as they did into this MTV show, Sony best watch their asses.

mattgame
05-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Great point. I heard of the first xbox sort of matter of factly. I bought it because one of the rumors was it could play all games, even PS2. And then I saw in Halo in action. I was hooked.

AlphaRaptor
05-14-2005, 08:35 AM
People, the mtv show wasn't made for you, it was made for people who enjoy gaming but aren't as hardcore in gaming as we are. Seriously, how many of you watch MTV religiously? Microsoft is doing something they never did when they launched the first Xbox: marketing.

We all knew pretty much everything that was going to be shown because all the stuff was leaked. But what about people who don't scour the net looking for this stuff? That was all new to them, there was good music, pretty lights and celebs... all that they needed to peddle a new generation gaming system on that demographic.

E3 has been, is and always will be the forum to which they cater to us. Just like all of the E3s since 96 or whenever they started, we will learn what we want to know. All I can say is if MS puts as much thought into their Japanese advertising as they did into this MTV show, Sony best watch their asses.
True, true

Or maybe even non-gamers, MS wants ALL kinds of people to have a 360 in their home. Not just gamers

LeoBreaker
05-14-2005, 10:28 AM
I think it was just another excuse just to get The Killers to play Mr. Brightside. like we all haven't heard that song enough, even though it is a good song.

wulkar
05-14-2005, 05:16 PM
i thought it sucked because we saw it for like 2 seconds

mattgame
05-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I saw it for a little longer than three seconds. I saw it for four seconds. :)
I got excited nonetheless.

Anthony4sho
05-15-2005, 09:11 AM
I could have done without all the typical MTV BS... the moron gamers, the camera going like crazy, and all of that other stupid stuff.

What was really sickening, was that whole crowd screaming and yelling like a rock concert over a.............game console....................

I can just imagine the pre-production on this one.....

"now..when we come back from commercial, I want you all to scream and holler...chant..clap your hands..act like this is your favorite movie or rock star walking on stage. Camera guy....zoom in on the planted double D cupped hot chick plants we have up front. They know when the light comes on to smile and cup their hands over their mouths in complete shock and awe. Make sure you take the camera and treat it like it was tied to a bungee cord. Audience...over exaggerate every emotion to the tenth power and make Killer actually believe you are in to their music when they play on stage"

SoundX
05-15-2005, 10:28 AM
If you guys think the US version sucked ass, you should have seen the version Europe got. They cut ALL game footage except for a small bit of what looked like a PD0 tournament. The only glimpse we got of the console was when that chick walked in with it, when she put it on the table, they cut to the f*cking killers.

mattgame
05-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Why did they do that?

Huckleberry
05-15-2005, 03:14 PM
that show sucked. i really couldn't believe how little substance there was. regardless of whether or not i'm a hard core game, and how much i already know about the thing...it was supposed to be the coming out party. i saw two killers songs, and as much as i like them, it had nothing to do with it. i met a bunch of professional gamers, one of whom was an idiot ("they only won by one point, but we're the better team"). elijah wood looked like he was nervous as hell. about the only cool thing was actually seeing the system. what a load of marketing crap that was!