PDA

View Full Version : Here is a new Huxley Video!!!

TheCovenant
06-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Trailer:

HUXLEY DIRECT FEED e3 trailer (http://www.gamershell.com/download_9342.shtml)

Demonstration:

Kind of small screen, wmp, so just use the fill screen option (http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media/738/738457/vid_1157615.html?mu=http%3A%2F%2Fstreamingmovies.ign.com%2Fpc%2Farticle%2F628%2F628574%2Fhuxley_demo _062205_wmvlowwide.wmv)

Running off the unreal engine, Huxley definatly looks to be a prominet next gen franchise. Webzen (the developers) have written a proprietary networking engine, to run the massively multiplayer online first person shooter (mmofps). The maps are masssive, and a special streaming technology has made the giant battles accessible without huge load times. I guess since the the letters "MMO" are in front of "FPS" they felt it nessecary to inlcude "rpg" elemnts. Which is cool. Upgradable weapons, armor, even vehicles you can drive. They also mentioned a consequence, reward and repercussionative system thats takes place in the world of Huxley. You see, there are two races competing for one energy source and where it can be gathered. Depending on what battles are won where, and when, one race will come out ultimatly victorous.

Hope you choose the right one.

So if you go in, and your begginers luck lands you 28 headshots in some skirmish somewhere, and your side takes that town, and that town ends up being the major headquarters for your race...then you just helped shape an entire war because of your 20 headshot spree you had at the beggining of the game. It sets an interesting premise, but how well will developer webzen be able to keep this up?

how will this complex game balance out? You get a killing spree and you level up? will your gun be given to you, or will you have to enter a marketplace and trade and buy weapons? How will the servers hold up with more than 5,000 bullets in the air, and quick calculations handle while simultanously never giving up framerate, draw distance, or LOD? The game is an ambitious one, and still has about a year and a half of developing, but if everything that is promised is delivered (along with keeping all the basic stuff concrete) then, this could end up being one of the most intuitive, and innovative games of all time.
-Covey

ShaDovV RyDer
06-27-2005, 02:30 PM
This is the gametype that I have been waiting for ever since I played my first FPS. I really really hope this game turns out the way I hope it does and so far it looks to be living up to at least my expectations.

Plewis
06-27-2005, 02:33 PM
its gonna be the fable of xbox 360. it's not gonna suck, but it definitely won't live up to anyone's expectations.

Whisper
06-27-2005, 11:39 PM
and the problem with MMO games.. is there could very likely be a charge outside of your subscription to play them online.. which would suck

Typhoon Merc
06-28-2005, 08:10 PM
This game almost sounds like a game i would like to play for the PC, Planetside.

FB-Gollum
06-29-2005, 01:19 PM
This game almost sounds like a game i would like to play for the PC, Planetside.

Yeah, I Beta tested Planetside, I'm curious to see what they've learned. Planetside had some incredible features but they were sadly drowned out by serious balance issues (it's stuff like this that makes me laugh when people call Halo 2 unbalanced) to the point that the whole conflict could come to a grinding halt. However, when it worked it was brilliant and immersive. There's something about not knowing when the fight is going to start, or how many are coming for you, or being forced to retreat (and actually being able to) or even better, when a mayday comes through from a group of soldiers and you guys board your jet fly over there and drop in on a battle in progress like the cavalry charging in, that makes the MMO aspect so appealing. Perpetual Universe FPS are on the way and I just hope whoever is making this game played a whole crapload of Planetside, cause that game got beta tested heavily and still had big issues that really kept it from catching on.

neXus27
06-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Yea, i dont kno about this... i mean, star wars: galaxies is $10 a month to play, and its not that good. from what it sounds like, eith u will have to pay an arm and a leg overall to play, or, the game's servers will be poor resuling from lack of funds. or, technology may be cool and have awesomely amazing servers... running for free!

TheCovenant
06-29-2005, 06:50 PM
10 bux a month is an arm and a leg for you? You cuold pay cash too....

Whisper
06-29-2005, 09:15 PM
It become an arm and a leg when you're already paying for Live and the game DVD itself in the first place. Truth be told, the game would likely only be popular for a short length of time before something else takes away its users... unless of course it becomes one of the "best games ever" which would extend its life.

Otherwise, you spend 50 bucks for the live, 10 bucks a month for the subscription to play the game, and 70 bucks on the game itself.. and you only play for 6 months before the game fizzles out.

I am totally against subscription fees to play a game online when you're already charged for the service.

ShaDovV RyDer
06-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Wow 10 bucks a month is quite a bit for a 14 year old like myslef. Now I'm thinking that the only way I'm gonna get this game is if you can play online for free, or maybe I can make a really good map to sell online that will bring in enough money each month to pay for it :)

J4320
06-30-2005, 11:10 AM
I really think if the lag works out on this game than it'll be a killer no doubt. Battles like that sound REALLY fun. And upgrading stuff is a good thing to put in the game.

mattgame
06-30-2005, 11:58 AM
I can't wait to see what it's like. I have never played an mmo. This sounds good to me as a starter.

TheCovenant
06-30-2005, 02:37 PM
It become an arm and a leg when you're already paying for Live and the game DVD itself in the first place. Truth be told, the game would likely only be popular for a short length of time before something else takes away its users... unless of course it becomes one of the "best games ever" which would extend its life.

Otherwise, you spend 50 bucks for the live, 10 bucks a month for the subscription to play the game, and 70 bucks on the game itself.. and you only play for 6 months before the game fizzles out.

I am totally against subscription fees to play a game online when you're already charged for the service.
50 bux for live, a year, 20 for the dvd itself, and just because nexus said so, dosnt mean its going to be ten bux a month. theres plenty of console online games that require much less than that. This isnt an mmorpg, and all ready yuo look down on it. Monthly fee's havent even been announced yet! Looks like you've been ripped off one too many times, whisp.

TokyoPie
07-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Can't wait for this game to come out. Its going to be freaking amazing. 5,000 ppl per server is just amazing.

ShaDovV RyDer
07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
New Video of Huxley!!! (http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/2118/Huxley-Making-of-Trailer)

If that is real time stuff then it is simply insane.

mattgame
07-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Is it real time? How do you tell?

MatrixMaul
07-02-2005, 01:58 AM
*psst!* theres already a thread for this!