PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Yannie Boy
07-15-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure if this got addressed before...if it has I'm sorry.

But will there be a way to tranfer data/memory from the xbox 1 to the 360? I know there is going to be memory cards. but some of the saves are to bid for cards
since i do have alot of save data and don't want to have to play them on the xbox 1 if can i just play them on the 360...i.e. conker, pgr 2, soul calibur 2, halo 2 (new maps)

FB-Gollum
07-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Apparently no you can't. What I read however was about transfering your music files. That said I do know that the memory units for xbox are not compatible with xbox360.

Shadow20002
07-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Console to console maybe?

Unreal
07-16-2005, 11:00 AM
I am not sure if this is possible so any tech heads can verify what I am saying. You can run your current Xbox and PC on the same internet connection through a router. Is it possible to send your Xbox files to your PC through that router? If you are able to find a way to send your files to your PC then with the Xbox 360 having USB ports you can just connect it to your PC and swap files. As far as music goes, you can do that straight to the 360.

Now if that doesnt work. Since Xbox Live will be the same for Xbox and Xbox 360. Maybe you can log online with one system and transfer the file to the other system? Who knows. I am sure a third party or even MS will work something out. But to answer your question. I am not sure. I am hoping they find a way. If not, then your best bet is to keep your old Xbox.

Yannie Boy
07-18-2005, 08:49 PM
I am not sure if this is possible so any tech heads can verify what I am saying. You can run your current Xbox and PC on the same internet connection through a router. Is it possible to send your Xbox files to your PC through that router? If you are able to find a way to send your files to your PC then with the Xbox 360 having USB ports you can just connect it to your PC and swap files. As far as music goes, you can do that straight to the 360.

Now if that doesnt work. Since Xbox Live will be the same for Xbox and Xbox 360. Maybe you can log online with one system and transfer the file to the other system? Who knows. I am sure a third party or even MS will work something out. But to answer your question. I am not sure. I am hoping they find a way. If not, then your best bet is to keep your old Xbox.

umm no offense....but what in the world are you talking about?

mattgame
07-19-2005, 07:55 PM
It makes sense to me strangely. And I say strangely because usually I'm too stupid to follow stuff like that. Read it slow Chupa, you'll get it.

Double_Diablo
07-19-2005, 11:28 PM
I've actually thought of a way to transfer all Xbox game saves. In November when I purchase Xbox 360, I'll also be getting Action Replay for the current Xbox. Why you may ask: to transfer my files. The USB connection it can have to your PC is perfect. I transfer all my Xbox game saves to my computers hard drive, search around for my mp3 player, transfer those saves onto the mp3 player and move all those saves via USB to the Xbox 360. Then I'll just return the Action Replay card. Problem solved. All my hard-earned game saves are transferred.

vman
07-20-2005, 06:00 AM

i think that can onnly work with a modded box.

mattgame
07-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Nice sig vman.

Well, since I don't have a modded xbox I must find another way.

Yannie Boy
07-20-2005, 02:00 PM
i still don't get it but to be honest i don't think you can send data from the xbox 1 to a computer via router unless your modded....this needs to be figured out cuz i don't want to have 3 systems...2 xboxs and 1 360 just so i can play my games

kamikaze666
07-20-2005, 02:21 PM
No worries. I'm guessing third parties will come to the rescue there.

mattgame
07-20-2005, 08:40 PM
So chupa are you going to get rid of your Xboxes?

Yannie Boy
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
if i can get my saves off of my boxes...yes....maybe keep one of them if need be....but the plan is to get rid of them both, there won't be no need to have them since the 360 is backwards

Double_Diablo
07-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Well if anyone bothered to read my post you'd know there's a way to transfer your files without having a mod chip...

m4oH
07-22-2005, 12:18 AM
I've actually thought of a way to transfer all Xbox game saves. In November when I purchase Xbox 360, I'll also be getting Action Replay for the current Xbox. Why you may ask: to transfer my files. The USB connection it can have to your PC is perfect. I transfer all my Xbox game saves to my computers hard drive, search around for my mp3 player, transfer those saves onto the mp3 player and move all those saves via USB to the Xbox 360. Then I'll just return the Action Replay card. Problem solved. All my hard-earned game saves are transferred.
alot of the games i want to copy are not enabled for memory cards.:cry: so action replay won't work. i wonder if there is another route.

a lost prophet
07-23-2005, 02:33 PM

the router connecting it to the pc/internet is linksys wireless internet...thats how you play xbox live. i dont think u can put memory in a linksys....O BUT DIABLO-VERY GOOD IDEA!!!

Flame Sword8
07-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey, I think i got somthing, I dont know if it will work exactly but cant the ethernet cord be used for more, just plug the ethernet cord between the 2 consoles.

Yannie Boy
07-23-2005, 04:23 PM
hmmmmm.....like system link file transfer or something.......i just don't want 3 systems....hope more info is released

Yannie Boy
07-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Sorry for the bump....but anything new?....I NEED TO KNOW AN ANSWER....

FB-Gollum
07-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Sorry for the bump....but anything new?....I NEED TO KNOW AN ANSWER....

OMG dude! For the third time...NO...you can't. Are you in denial bro? You have an answer you can't. Allard said so himself.

Weapon x
08-29-2005, 03:31 PM
From what i understand the xbox hard drive is a normal pc hard drive. in that case since ive got 3 xbox's to mess with ill take the hard drive out of one of them, plug it into my pc, and simply copy the data out from the drive onto my pc's hard drive. if the saves are all on one file (not sure because ive never tried to hack an xbox) ill just do some internet research to figure out what tools i need to open the file and seperate the saves. then since the 360 and windows pc's can be interconnected ill transfer my data from the pc to the 360 with whatever software methods necessary. and im sure if this isnt possible then some freeware will eventually be available on the net.