PDA

View Full Version : live silver

wulkar
07-20-2005, 01:31 PM
now is silver only on the weekends for live stuff or all week just free on weekends

sry if it has been made i dont feel like looking

kamikaze666
07-20-2005, 01:47 PM
I haven't looked recently, but i think it's all week with free weekends.

Bakeman
07-20-2005, 01:52 PM
EDIT: After posting this I went to xbox.com after xbox.com loaded... it was 3 (THREE) clicks to this page LINK (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/onlinespecs.htm)

It has all the info for the two levels of service.

It's been sometime since all this info was released, so I forget.

But this was my understanding.
Live Silver:
Free Gametag
Free TEXT Messages
Free Content Download (pay for the stuff that cost just like everyone)

And from my understanding it's not free play on weekends. But they plan on having promotional weekends to allow Silver to get online and play. So only once in a while will silver get online to play.

wulkar
07-21-2005, 12:11 PM
thanx bakeman that really clears things up

Bakeman
07-21-2005, 02:22 PM
your welcome

I remember all the mess when all that was announced.. what a pain it was

Annex
07-23-2005, 03:42 PM
I have another question, if we have an existing xbl account are they gonna carry over into 360 w/ gold? Ive been looking, but cant find an answer.

ColdArmoR
07-25-2005, 06:19 AM
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to transfer your account over, If you can't they've made a serious mistake.

Bakeman
07-25-2005, 01:13 PM
I have another question, if we have an existing xbl account are they gonna carry over into 360 w/ gold? Ive been looking, but cant find an answer.

ugh taken from an article posted just on the 20th ...
LINK (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=6224)

Transitioning to 360
Microsoft also stressed the fact that current Xbox Live subscribers should have no problem transferring their accounts to the Xbox 360 if they should choose to buy the next-gen console when it launches later this year. Additionally, using Live on 360 doesn’t mean players can no longer play Xbox Live games on the original Xbox. "Because Xbox Live is a universal service between both platforms, gamers can move their Xbox Live memberships seamlessly from Xbox to Xbox 360, while still enjoying online games and entertainment on the current-generation system," states the press releas

Dj Logical 1
07-25-2005, 05:35 PM
thats freaking great